D&D 4E iCharacter Sheet - 4E for the iPad Now for Sale!

StuartW

First Post
I don't have a bluetooth keyboard with which to try this, but thanks for the heads-up, I'll see what I can do to fix the problem.

As regards arrow keys/other non-qwerty keys, there seems to be some undocumented iOS features that allow them to work with standard iPad interface controls. This app uses custom interface controls, which doesn't allow us to handle those keys. Again, I'll look further into it, and thanks for noting the problem.

Stuart

StuartW

First Post
Hehe, it seems the guys in Cupertino are intent on thwarting us...

There is an unconfirmed issue which means we have to choose between two incompatible options:
  • Include the accessory bar above the virtual keyboard, allowing folks to tab between fields and providing arrows keys for editing; or
  • Support physical keyboards.
Unfortunately it seems the two options are mutually exclusive for the time being. We have raised a bug report with Apple but I don't expect they will modify the underlying system any time soon solely on our account.

For the time being we will therefore continue to support the virtual (pop-out) keyboard for iPads, and be unable to support physical (plug-in or Bluetooth) keyboards.

Stuart

Remove ads