Iconic heroes: can we recover from abandonment?

Do you want to keep playing Ne'Memoren's Vault?

• Yes! We need to finish it. Iconics, ho!

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • No! You stopped the game, and I don't want to restart it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wasn't in the original iconic game, but I can't resist polls.

Votes: 33 63.5%

Alhandra

First Post
Jozan of Pelor said:
[ooc: with the old boards still down...I can't find my sig picture. Does anyone know where it is/was hosted? :eek: ]
Here it is, my egomaniacal comrade-in-faith!

I am looking forward to putting to an end the evils that lie deep within that hideous forgotten vault!

(and finally pulling Vadania's butt out of the pit she's in!) ;)

Ma'varkith

First Post
"Of course we want to play, Piratecat! We've missed you so much!"

Ma looks at P-Kitty's jaunty nautical garb and shakes her head. She stepa away from a few minutes, returning with a paper-wrapped bundle. Tossing the package to Piratecat, she smirks.

"You're out of uniform, soldier!" ;)

Pulling away the paper, PC finds a familiar set of leather-collared red robes.

OOC: Thanks for picking this up again, Kevin!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Then we're on! There were some timing issues when we stopped; half the group was literally minutes ahead of the other half. I'll figure out what to do about that; watch this space!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okey dokey. Here's a problem: Lidda, Krusk, and the others who were down at the end of a long tunnel, eyeing a bunch of humanoids, were several minutes ahead of Hennet, Alhandra, Vadania and others who were dealing with spiked-chain-wielding automatons in a pit. The easiest way to handle this is to finish the pit encounter; alternatively, I can try to run them simultaneously. Hmmmm.

Probably simultaneously is best, then catch time up afterwards. Hey Nebin, do you still have the last post from the other board?

reapersaurus

First Post
the last post that Piratecat did before excusing the Iconics to their various assignments was:
I'm racing towards a deadline, but I'll post later today when I take a break from writing. Krusk gets chatty! Things get hot in the pit! And Regdar shows a suit of armor who's boss.. later today!
The post before that was:
Mialee, I believe the illusion spell has a duration of concentration; thus, in order to avoid the World's Briefest Plank, I'm going to assume that you cast Levitate first!
Moving back into the tunnel a bit, Mialee casts a spell on Lidda. Her chant echoes louder than you'd like, but back at the entrance Krusk and Tordek don't sound the alarm, so the goblinoids must not have heard. Lidda feels her body growing lighter.. lighter.. as the spell takes effect.

Bobbing along the ceiling, Lidda moves back down the tunnel. Lidda examines the deadfall. The rope is tied to a central pin that is holding a series of ropes; pull the pin, and the ropes pull away. With almost no hesitation at all, Lidda cuts the rope. Even better Lidda, if you don't want to you don't have to hold it taunt; you can wedge the end into a crack between two rocks, enough to hold it steady but not enough to trigger the trap.

Mialee readies to cast the illusion spell. Anything else you want to do before Krusk strolls casually out? Mialee, do you plan to hide the existing plank, lying on the stone near the chasm?

Meanwhile, Regdar receives the rude surprise that he can't pull apart the armor. Some unseen force is still keeping it together. A few more bashes might fix that, although there is no guarantee that they won't dislodge the mirror as well, as Kerwyn can't find a method of tying it that doesn't leave it somewhat precariously balanced.

Kerwyn, Eberk's touch is like the breath of a furnace, and from the pain you expect to be badly burned; instead, you are healed by 9 points.

Regdar gtrunts as he examines the wine bottles. All of the stinking bottles are empty! One of them rattles a bit, though, as if something was inside.

Stirring the watery pool unsettles the bottom. Ma'Varkith's crowbar stirs up the bottom, and for a second something white shows on the surface before sinking back into the murky depths. Further fishing reveals it is a bone, probably an animal bone; Vadania might be able to tell you more.

Speaking of Vadania.. is that screaming you hear?
The post before that was:
At the pit battle, time speeds back up again as Hennet finishes reading a scroll. The words burn as he reads them, the smoke weaving itself into runes as it circles Hennet's head, and suddenly the smoke fills with sulpherous flames as a creature falls out of the gate. It is hideous.. a rubbery abomination of nature, reeking of sulphur and pain as it tries to adjust to its new surroundings. It didn't arrive where Hennet expected it to, which is somewhat disturbing. "Hissssssssss!" it leers at Alhandra, and a foul forked tongue lolls from its misshapen mouth. Hennet points at the pit, and it bobs its sad excuse for a head. "Maaasssster," it acknowledges, and with another look at the paladin it shambles over to the pit leaving a trail of smoking vapors behind it.
Quite literally, it smells like hell.

In the pit, it lashes out at the armor, interposing itself in front of Vadania and taking a chain blow meant for her. Its claws scrape against the metal, leaving thin scratches behind. It ignores the buring sphere at its feet.

Naull's light spell counteracts the weak darkness covering the pit. The wand is almost vibrating in her hand, leaving tiny traces of sparkling illumination behind it, as the darkness finally clears. As she sees the situation, she begins to cast magic missile at the chain-weilding armor.

Meanwhile Alhandra takes stock of the situation, tossing down her rope and bracing the far end. As Vadania grabs the other end, Alhandra can feel the strain on her muscles.

Nebin yells up from the pit, but no one can hear him; the fight is eerily silent to the people above. It's simple for him to leap away from the armor over the dretch, twisting in mid-air as he does so and digging for a tanglefoot bag. His hand closes on one.. no, that's a whoopie cushion. Got it! No, that's a souvenier backpack from GenCon that he bought in the dealer's hall while trying to check out a girl posing in a chainmail bikini. Aha! Finally his hand closes on it, and he whirls it at the armor. It's a horrible throw, but it gets the job done, *splook*ing on its legs and dripping to the floor beneath. The armor doesn't seem to notice. The dretch who is now partially stuck to it does, though, and it hisses at Nebin.

Hennet slides down the rope Alhandra is holding, landing cat-like next to Vadania and Nebin. The heat is tremendous.

Vadania, you've got an action if you want to take it! Details on the goblinoid assault, and the pool, later this afternoon.
If you need more info, let me know.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Cooo-ol! Thanks!

I'll write the first stuff this weekend, and we'll start back up Monday. Anyone who hasn't rejoined by the end of a week can get an urgent mission off-screen.... :D

Eberk

First Post
"Knarr....

"Knarr....

"Knarr...."

Eberk shuffles up to you, muttering his trademark knarr under his breath. But when he reaches you, he doesn't stop -- instead, he bumps into you.

And keeps walking. Bump. Bump. Bump. "Knarr....Knarr...Knar...."

Poor lad -- he seems somehow soulless. Could it be that he's lost his animating force? Who can rescue this poor dwarven cleric?

[Player's note: I'm not gonna have time to continue playing Eberk, so I'm gonna email his password to Piratecat; let him know if you want to take over. Enjoy, folks! -Daniel]

Nebin

Explorer
Sorry to see you go Eberk.

Reaper thanks for the assist, and PC if you need to look at the other stuff, that post is on the last page of IC.

Has anyone seen a Halfling in a G- string anywhere ? she escaped :(.

Remove ads