• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

Arac-Knight bestows his incapacitating touch on the Zookeeper.

[sblock=ooc]

Using my affliction attack on the Zookeeper.

Martial arts: 2d6 - 7 = -2 + 8 = 6 should hit
Affliction: 2d6 - 7 = 4 + 6 = 10 for the affliction power :)

Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 8/9
Determination: 3/3

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry! Trying to get to everyone, but pre-holiday schedules are slowing me down. :))

Prodigy ducks around behind the possessed, apelike Zookeeper and grabs his simian wrists to drag them around behind him and hold them there.

"One of them mentioned a tower. Once we have Zoolander here taken care of, I'll go check it out. Make sure we're not missing anyone."

Grapple attack: 5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2813764/

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Can you hold him? Or should I use my Arac-Touch on him?"

"Use your powers on the ape! Quickly warrior, while I still bend his body to my will."

"One of them mentioned a tower. Once we have Zoolander here taken care of, I'll go check it out. Make sure we're not missing anyone." Prodigy grabs the possessed Zoo Keeper...
Prodigy Grapple attack: 5 +2 -> 7 vs 0 --> Massive Success.
Zoo Keeper Completely Held.
Zoo Keeper Damage: 9 + 5 -2 = 12
Xokzatle Possession: (1d6-1d6) +5=7 vs 5 -> Moderate Success
Zoo Keeper Possessed.

... completely restraining him. Suddenly, as Prodigy applies pressure onto the possessed ape, injuring it, the ape suddenly reverts back into it's human form. As Prodigy restrains the Zoo Keeper, she notices that he is considerably weaker in his human form.

"Nooo!! You will not defeat me!" Screams mentally.

* * * PAGE 4 * * *​

Arac-Knight then uses his Arac-Touch on the restrained man.
Arac-Knight Martial arts: 6 +2 = 8 vs 0 (Stunned) --> Massive Success
Arac Knight Affliction: 10 vs ?? --> Major Success
Zoo Keeper Damage: 5

OOC: Note, Zoo Keeper is pretty much down. If prodigy decides to damage him (automatic because Zoo Keeper is completely restrained, he'll be KO'ed. One successful mind blast or punch, he's KO'ed. Next Round if Arak Knight's Affliction does damaged he's KO'ed.

[sblock=Page 4 Init]
Group 1.
..........Psiren
..........Arac-Knight and Xokzatle
..........Prodigy
Group 2. Badguys
.........Zoo-Keeper
Names in red has not acted this round.[/sblock]
[sblock=Page 4 Status Update]
Arac-Knight: 8 Stamina remaining.

Zoo Keeper: 5 damage, Afflicted, Completely Restrained, Paralyzed, Possessed
Duck Henchman 1 - 5: Unconscious [/sblock]

Last edited:

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Psiren Int 5 Awe 7 Wil 7

Psiren leaves the violence to her allies and starts to rummage through the Zookeeper's mind.

OOC
Telepathy 7 +6-5=8

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Psiren digs deep into the Zoo Keeper's mind.
Psiren Telepathy 7 +6-5=8 vs 5 -> Major Success
OOC: What type of things do you want to know?

[sblock=Page 4 Init]
Group 1.
..........Psiren
..........Arac-Knight and Xokzatle
..........Prodigy
Group 2. Badguys
.........Zoo-Keeper
Names in red has not acted this round.[/sblock]
[sblock=Page 4 Status Update]
Arac-Knight: 8 Stamina remaining.

Zoo Keeper: 5 damage, Afflicted, Completely Restrained, Paralyzed, Possessed
Duck Henchman 1 - 5: Unconscious [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Satisfied that her companions had ZooKeeper under control, she nodded and released him from her Grip of Gold.

"Psiren, if you sense anything important, tell me. I'm off to check the tower!"

She leapt off the scoreboard, rockets flaring in mid-fall to turn a plummet into a ballistic arc towards the rising needle of the nearby structure.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[sblock=Mind Reading]
Zoo Keeper's (aka James Red Deer) partner is the Cluster Duck (aka Richardo Monterosa). They have no boss... however someone is supplying Cluster Duck with his hi-tech weaponry schematics and components. Unfortunately, he doesn't know who is helping them.

Although much of their plot was hatches from a revenge scheme, Zoo Keeper and Cluster Duck are both extreme animal activists. Thier ultimate plan is to restore the balance of nature to Los Angeles California... by turning everyone into animals natively found in the region. To do this Cluster Duck (with help from their secret benifactor) has been working on creating a transmitter that is capable of broadcasting Duckification Rays over a large area. The Watts towers is thier prototype. If the prototype is successful, their benifactor is planning on converting the Observatory and Radio Towers on Mount Wilson as their plan's final phase.

Unknown to their benifator, Cluster Duck has been planning on auctioning off the technology to other various Eco-Terrorist groups, including PETA.

Cluster Duck and the Zoo Keeper both gained their special abilities shortly after receiving their Swine Flu shot. Cluster Duck has the ability to self duplicate.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
As Psiren read's the Zoo Keeper's mind, members of the LAPD who were assigned to supplement the event's security slowly begin to converge on the scene of the battle. Their advance seems more cautious than drawn out.

Meanwhile, 5 miles south of the LA Coliseum...

In the middle of a slum, and behind a triangular enclosure stands Watts Towers. Adjacent to the property is a long narrow band of parkway and a semi circular plaza-like amphitheater with three levels of bench like seats. From Prodigy's vantage point she is able to see that the amphitheater is lit up and that there is a small crowd gathered in the amphitheater. She is also able to see that there are what appears to be three large tripod video-cameras set up within the amphitheater which appear to powered by a van hitched generator.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads