• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ideas for Paladin's Mount

Joust

First Post
I'm running a paladin for the first time (starting at 8th level) and would like opinions on some fun, interesting mounts that you might have used. Doesn't need to be an uber-mount, just one that's less "standard" than a warhorse. The character is a dwarf who uses a guisarme.

d4

First Post
good mount for a dwarf?

if you've got Tome of Horrors, take a look at the Dire Ram.

or how about a bear?

i just can't envision a dwarf riding any sort of horse. :)

I like these.

Attachments

• rabbuck2.JPG
    rabbuck2.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 421

Jolly Giant

First Post
There's a white, flying, mountain-dwelling, lawfull good "horse" in MM2. I don't remember what it's called, but it's very early in the book, so it's name probably starts with an A... It's the opposite of a nightmare in just anout every way. It even has the cold subtype, IIRC.

I remember it struck me at once when I first saw it, that it was the perfect mount for a paladin.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Twiggly the Gnome said:
I like these.
So do I! I like them A LOT! Who has specs on these critters?

And on the subject of the original post, I have a Paladin PC who is a Centaur, so he doesn't need a mount.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Coreanic Steeds work nice for 11th level paladins. But dunno what them 8th levelers will do. Giant Harriers are also nice for riding, especially for aerial assaults.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads