• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ideas for Paladin's Mount

d4 said:
good mount for a dwarf?

if you've got Tome of Horrors, take a look at the Dire Ram.

or how about a bear?

i just can't envision a dwarf riding any sort of horse. :)

I'm fan of the Dire Ram idea myself. The dwarf paladin with the dire ram is a character idea i've been wanting to try out for sometime.

Krieg

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
I'm sorry... someone named "Joust" is looking for a mount, and nobody's suggested a flying ostrich?

-Hyp.

Nah, regular (not flying) Ostriches/Emu/Rhea are the choice of plains dwelling nomadic tribes of halflings.

Just wrap your mind around the vision of a thundering wave of Ostrich mounted, javeling throwing halfling barbarians sweeping across the veldt. Aahhh...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Krieg said:
Nah, regular (not flying) Ostriches/Emu/Rhea are the choice of plains dwelling nomadic tribes of halflings.

Dude, if your ostrich can't fly, what are you gonna do when the pterodactyl comes for you?

-Hyp.

Krieg

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Dude, if your ostrich can't fly, what are you gonna do when the pterodactyl comes for you?

-Hyp.

Unplug the machine & tell the arcade clerk that it stole my quarter. :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
If a pertacyl(sp) is coming at me, I'm getting the hell out its way. That or have some good blasting spells ready.

As for not suggesting the flying ostrich, I figure we had enough comedy on this thread at the moment.

Joust

First Post
Well, flying ostriches not withstanding, thought you might be interested in the final decision on my dwarf paladin's mount: Dire Yak. It fits his history/personality perfectly.

Attachments

• yak1.jpg
    yak1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 67
  • yak2.jpg
    yak2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 52

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Joust said:
Well, flying ostriches not withstanding, thought you might be interested in the final decision on my dwarf paladin's mount: Dire Yak.

Look, I've played a lot of Joust, and I can assure you, there are no Dire Yaks.

Flying ostriches and pterodactyls, yes; yaks, not a one.

-Hyp.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I always liked the thought of a clockwork creture but use the stats for a dire boar and call it Uintatherium robustum Height: 5ft (1.5m) Lived: 50 million years ago - 35 million years ago With a hatrack for a skull, this large herbivore is distinctive, yet still not very well understood. Uintatherium had tusks, two pairs of knobs and a set of horns protruding from its head, with a rather large but nondescript body to support it. From the site: http://www.kokogiak.com/megafauna/default.asp

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
Joust said:
Well, flying ostriches not withstanding, thought you might be interested in the final decision on my dwarf paladin's mount: Dire Yak. It fits his history/personality perfectly.

Just how big is the Dire version? A regular Yak is a pretty good sized beastie in it's own right.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads