Ideas on a feat: Mounted cleave

WaterRabbit

Explorer
Crothian said:
I think he's specifically targeting Lance because lances traditional got dropped after they impaled someone. Hard to remove that Gaul of the end of you lance when you're on horseback. Lances also hada habit of breaking.

"Also, you could create a similar feat based upon Spring Attack and Fly-By attack."

There already is a feat like Spring Attack and Flyby attack for horseman, it's called Ride by attack. It's a pre requisite to the feat in question, I imagine you just missed that. :D

No, I was talking about extending the concept of the "Mounted Cleave" to Fly-By and Spring Attack.

Spears are used pretty much the same way as lances are on horseback. Though D&D doesn't really represent it, lance were dropped if you actually impaled someone. They were the initial shock weapon and then the horseman switched to sword or went back for another lance.
Also, from a game point of view, it removes some of the problems with doing x3 or x4 (Cavilier) damage repeatedly.

Last edited:

wolfpunk

First Post
The latest and greatest version of mounted cleave *bump*

Mounted Cleave [General]

You can use the speed of your mount to close in on additional opponents.

Prequisites: Str 13+, BAB 8+, Cleave, Mounted Combat, Power Attack, Ride by Attack.
Benefit: When you are mounted, use the charge action while wielding a melee weapon without reach, and you deal a creature enough damage to make it drop (typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points, killing it, etc), you get an immediate extra melee attack against another creature in the immediate vicinity. You may take a 10 foot step before making this extra attack. Your 10 foot move must be in the same direction you travelled during your charge. The extra attack is with the same weapon and at the same bonus as the attack that dropped the previous creature. You do not provoke an attack of oppurtunity from the opponent you attack in this fashion. You can use this ability once per round.

Crothian

First Post
I like it. I think it melds the cleave and mounted combat abilities very well. It's a nice higher level feat which is needed.

Remove ads