• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IF a PDFs of the 3 core books were leaked, would you:

What would you do

• Ignore it and avoid reading spoilers.

Votes: 30 4.5%
  • Check out spoilers, but not download them

Votes: 52 7.9%
  • Download them and start playing, still buy official version

Votes: 552 83.5%
  • Download, play, cancel pre-orders.

Votes: 27 4.1%

PatheticWretch

First Post
Should anyone become aware of such a pdf, I would like to know about it through private means. I have already pre-ordered the books, and would have no need of the pdf anyway.

But I should like to know where NOT to go so I can AVOID said pdf.

I think either
"download, read, delete" or
"Download, forget somewhere in the depths of my hard disk"

because that is usually what happen when I donwload PDFs RPGs (of free and legally availlable products, like Jags, witchcraft or Ars Magica, of course).

AZRogue

First Post
Pbartender said:
The only other two connotations I can perceive is that either A) he for some reason thinks that I would think to personally email him a copy of the fictional PDF should I ever get one, and is asking me not to, or B) he's making an unsuccessful joke implying that he wants me to send him the PDF, should I get one. Either way, you ruined my effort to cover for him.

Both of you would have been better served emailing me directly, and asking in plain, straightforward language. That way, I could add your email address to the list. ;)

It was a double blind of a double blind, like an onion, layers within layers! I just wanted it clear that I do NOT want a copy sent to me by ANYONE, for legal reasons <cough>, yes.

P.S. PM sent, Pbartender. ;)

Hambot

First Post
I use my laptop as my DM screen. I use PDF's for good old cntrl-f

in 3.5 I DM'd for 18 months and still had to look up obscure rules when they came up. So instead of laboriously looking through the hardcover books sitting next to the laptop, I'd let the computer find the keyword for me. especially since in the players handbook you could never tell which chapter some things would be in, because important stuff about clerics would be spread across classes, religion stuff and combat.

Pbartender

First Post
AZRogue said:
It was a double blind of a double blind, like an onion, layers within layers! I just wanted it clear that I do NOT want a copy sent to me by ANYONE, for legal reasons <cough>, yes.

Nothing would please me more than to not have a PDF copy of the 4E rulebooks, which I don't, so that I couldn't send it to you, even if I wanted to, which I won't, since you asked so nicely to not send a copy to you.

AHEM!

:uhoh:

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
interwyrm said:
I think the issue is that in most cases fo downloading, you are also redistributing at the same time. (Peer to peer filesharing, at least).

Only if you configure your software to do so, and use a protocol that has simultaneous upload/download. It's easy enough to just leech, although usually much slower.

mmu1

First Post
None of the questions on the poll really matched up with my position. I'd probably download it, look it over, and not play it.

If they somehow ended up changing my whole stance on 4E, I'd go and buy the actual books. (even though between 3E and 3.5, as well as the early splats like Sword and Fist and other junk, or the 3 editions of d20 SW in 6 years, I could definitely rationalize away / not feel bad about not paying for WotC stuff...)

D.Shaffer

First Post
Being completely, blatantly honest...I'm a 'gimme now' impatient kind of guy. So, I'd download it to look it over. But I prefer to have a hard copy AND legal version in my hands too. Especially since I tend to play in the store anyways. Store owners tend to look at you funny if you're playing in their store via PDF.

Remove ads