• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If playing Dungeons and Dragons has taught me anything...

dragonis111

First Post
Title says it all, what has playing this game taught you on a personal level? Can be anything from what it taught you about playing tabletop RPGs to real life lessons. I'm just curios as to what this great game has taught others. I'll go first.

If playing Dungeons and Dragons has taught me anything its that when the Dungeon Master rewards the wizard with a brand new magic item to try out, I'll be 60 feet away, hiding behind some rocks, while taking total defense and readying an action to drink a potion of cure serious wounds.

Ahnehnois

First Post
The human capacity for improvisation is amazing. You can come up with brilliant stuff when your back is up against the wall and you don't have a plan.

jasper

Rotten DM
d4 hurt in the dark of the night, dice disappear faster than 1 sock in the dryer. Players come in all shapes, sizes, social skills, and income level.

Meatboy

First Post
As a DM I first learned a harsh life lesson which I am only now beginning to grasp. My hard work and a creativity usually amount to a hill of beans and most things I do will always go unappreciated by others.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I didn't play all that Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about bravery.
Close enough.

I learned how to manipulate meetings to get what I want by making other people think it's what they want--oh wait; that was Amber Diceless gaming.

D&D helped me become a better teacher/trainer.

Remove ads