• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If RPGs were cars, mine's a . . . ?

AeroDm

First Post
A 1994 Geo Metro that gets 55 MPG and takes 20 seconds to get up to 60 mph. It's crappy and sometimes you're ashamed, but then you look back and realize it did everything it had to really, really well and its weaknesses just kept you from making mistakes.

/We talking about first cars?

nedjer

Adventurer
Dudes - I meant your fantasy cars. Not what you drive to work :)

If I had an Aston Martin I wouldn't be sitting here typing; I'd be out driving babes round the nightclubs in Monaco.

I don't even have a real car - plain don't want to destroy the planet.

nedjer

Adventurer
Oh, right, those were fantasy cars? :eek: I wouldn't be able to get in quite a few them; aren't mini vans like those things people live in without even chemical toilets?

AeroDm

First Post
Dudes - I meant your fantasy cars. Not what you drive to work :)

If I had an Aston Martin I wouldn't be sitting here typing; I'd be out driving babes round the nightclubs in Monaco.

I don't even have a real car - plain don't want to destroy the planet.
Yeah, not what I drive. More an allusion to a game design philosophy that fun comes from creative ideas and the social interplay between friends and not the rules, so the rules should primarily not get in the way.

/Was also my first car, though...

R-Hero

Explorer
jet-powered-truck_jpg_500x400.jpg

Enough said? I enjoy a good powergame!:D

Last edited:

Mine's a late model, of a line recently discontinued. Was fanatically popular in it's day, still has plenty of fans.

It takes a lot of upkeep and is a gearhead's delight, but if you know how to tinker with it and put the time into it, it will do anything you want and do it just right. It's not for everybody, and some people would just strip the gears and crash and burn if they tried to drive it, and some people would complain about the ride if they came along. I can get lightning acceleration and incredible handling out of it, but only after years of driving her and a few custom modifications.

I keep tinkering with it, don't get to drive it as much as I like, but half the fun is going out to the garage and popping the hood open.

Loves me my 3.5.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads