• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If the HIVE had a Heroes Power, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer

Our former Prime Minister is converting to Catholicism and setting up faith foundations, or something. As an atheist, that does not make me happy. :( You seem to have a much better class of ex-leader.

Is it a mandatory donation or a government ran program? 'Cause then it should matter, as in you shouldn't get offended if it were his own money setting it up or if it were his own company doing it. When it's the government is involved in a religous issue, then blood should boil (well at least in America it sometimes does)..

Personally, I'm not an athiest, but I HATE how religion always get thrown into American politics (even though the candidates often takes political stances on hot button issues that are contrary to the tenants of their religion and NO ONE EVER calls them on it). America has a separation of Church and state for a reason, yet during the last hundred or so years religious affiliation has become an issue and become mandatory for election.

Last edited:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Some times things are worth saving so fight for them. If you think your marriage is worth then go for it. Nothing wrong with getting help when you need it.

I've been watching Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog (again).

Just why did they restrict access to non-American viewers? why?!

Today was my uncles funeral. We rented a bus that drove us to there and back. It was nothing particularly fancy, a small grave just for his urn and a small sign with his name. The ceremony was not religious, but there was a speaker from the cemetery that wrote down some words based on his talks with close family members. He hit mostly exactly what I cherished so much about his personality. It was beautiful done, even if I know that this man does this all the time and might have used several standard phrases. It hit still all the things going on in my head.

Oh damn, it still makes me so sad, and I find so many things that I'll miss. The fact (barring disease and accidents) that he will not be there for the larger part of my life (most of it yet to come...) The thought that people that might become dear to me in the future will never get to know him. That even my memory of him might fade (what was the sound of his voice again). Or how hard it is on his wife, who probably had expected so many more years (and years counted in each day, not just the few family events and holidays the rest of the family would see my uncle).
It's possibly overthinking, but that's what one can do on a long bus ride home. :-S
Trauerarbeit, indeed. (Work of Mourning)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Just why did they restrict access to non-American viewers? why?!

Bandwidth issues mostly. They day the first chapter was posted the site went down immediately and didn't come back up until a day or so passed.

Life should be celebrated and it is cruel that memory fades quickly.

I once had a dream where I was at my funeral (this was ten years ago during the end of high school). In that dream I was a ghost and I counted all the people there and came to the conclusion that out of all of them, only like 10 of them even mattered.

It worries me to think about what I would see if I had that dream again today.

I reckon I might be able to top 5000 posts today. Heh.

Once upon a time, during the old Hivemind, I had over 8000 posts. But the admins decided to get rid of some of the Very Long Hivemind Threads, and so in an event named the Great Purge, all of the major Hivemind posters lost thousands off their postcount.

Oh, there was a wailing and a gnashing of teeth when that happened. But we got over it.

Yup. I lost about 850 posts then.

Life should be celebrated and it is cruel that memory fades quickly.

I once had a dream where I was at my funeral (this was ten years ago during the end of high school). In that dream I was a ghost and I counted all the people there and came to the conclusion that out of all of them, only like 10 of them even mattered.

It worries me to think about what I would see if I had that dream again today.

I figure I MIGHT have 10 people come to see me off. Small family and we seem to have drifted apart. With my work load and my wife's.... poor decisions in the past I have few friends (if any) that would come.

I need money or to become a woman. Both always attracts people.....

I need money or to become a woman. Both always attracts people.....

That might help. But I think what you need more is going out with others. If I look at my uncle, I think the fact that he met and travelled (sailing, wandering, skiing) a lot with friends was important. It was, as I understood, a rather large group of people coming to the funeral - and I think everyone counted.
Another factor is strong family ties. That's hard to affect, though... Unlike friends, you can't choose your family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads