• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If Thoughts Could Kill

GruTheWanderer

First Post
The six of you are resting in a country villa in the land of Dwer, taking a break from perilous adventure and valiant quests. The warm spring air carries the scent of a plentiful breakfast, and the day promises entertainments of various kinds. You could almost imagine settling down to rustic farmlife on a day like today.

Until the vision comes...

A cerulean sea of cystal stretches away in every direction. Above, thunderheads charge across the night sky, flashing and rumbling. The sea remains calm for another heartbeat, then glows dimly. Gradually it brightens until all the sea, from horizon to horizon, blazes. But brighter still is a point of burning intensity rising from the deep. Brighter and brighter it shines as it comes closer and closer to the surface. It is too brilliant to make out a shape against the light. As the object threatens to break the surface of the now-roiling crystal sea, a voice of heartbreaking clarity speaks (and you know it speaks specifically to Verra):

"I awaken. Find me. You are One Who Will Choose."

The vision dissolves as something breaks the surface....

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pelor's Light! What was that. Verra do you know what just happened? Rex puts his gobblet down and looks at the rest of the party. I fear our time here has ended.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Named my fighter William, and I've decided he's brittish, so insert the accent into your own mind when Reading, I'll do my best to 'type british' :D. I'll update the char. sheet soon as I'm done posting this.

IC:
"Bloody Hell!" William shakes his head "Verra, wha I tell you 'bout them blasted visions, they given me 'ead an aweful ache, they are." He blinks a few times and looks around "Well then, mates, I guess that be they way o' tellin us not t'be slackin off, roight?

Lambent10

First Post
Lysander blinks.

"How odd. What could it be? Clearly something important - unless, of course, it's a renegade mage of some sort trying to trap us with smoke and mirrors - but my intuition tells me otherwise." Lysander's voice is smooth and urbane.

"Well, obviously we've got to do something about it, whatever it may be. I personally suggest we seek out a bard or sage, or perhaps we ought to investigate the possibilities of a legend lore spell, although I suspect the former will be swifter and less costly than the latter."

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
"Well. That was a rather rude intrusion." Darian snaps in annoyance. After regaining his composure, he looks to his companions, who also appear to have awakened from the vision -"So each of us experienced the vision?" he asks, looking for confirmation. "Hmm, then a Force of tremendous magnitude must be responsible. Most of our number possess significant reserves of Will (he casts reproachful glances at Bellus and William), and to breach our defenses simultaneously and at range would necessitate an incredibly power. One far greater than any I could muster."

Darian then leans back in thought. "Verra, what exactly have you drawn us into? It looks like we won't hunting foxes this afternoon," he laughs.

OOC:
Spells locked:
0: 2 Mage Hand, Detect Magic, Light
1: X Endure Elements, X Resist Scrying, 2 Magic Missile, Shield, [open], B: Alarm
2: Levitate, See invisible, Endurance, 3 [open], B: Protection from arrows
3: Slow, Haste, Forceblast, Fly, [open], b: Dispel magic
4: Scrying, Gird the warrior, [open], B: Minor Globe
5: Teleport, [open], B: Dispel Magic

Spells cast: Endure Elements: fire, self; Resist Scrying, self

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sitting in a comfortable chair, his fingers silently rubbing on the arm, Verra snaps alert from the vision.

"Did I just go somewhere? Did someone see me leave or just get back? That seemed so real, like I was there." Verra pauses, foot tapping on the floor.

"A Vision you say, and you all had it, too? I apologize my friends, I know not how this happened, nor what it means. But I would be happy for any help you could give. I would suggest that we gather our things and start looking for information. I wonder if anyone else had this Vision?"

Verra lays down some money for the uneaten breakfast and gathers his belongings.

OCC: Psions cast today. Animal Affinity Strength, Animal Affinity Constitution.

Lambent10

First Post
"Yes, I believe we all saw the vision."

Lysander looks to Verra packing his belongings.

"So we're going to seek a sage or bard, then?"

He finishes his meal and stands up. "No sense wasting time about it."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
perhaps someone from my order coan be of help. They owe Rex Humana that much at least for our saving the lives of the royal family of Re'halthien Rex gathers his things and will lead the way to the Temple of Pelor (assuming there is one here) if not he will calmly sit and wait for the others.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"No better time than now. Sage, bard or cleric - it matters not to me," Verra will slightly unsling the quiver on his back and grasp it in one had, and the arrows within and Verra himself seem to haze over, like looking at him through waves of heaton a hot day. The image is gone almost instantly and the quiver is back over his shoulder.

The action is familiar to his friends, the psionic charging of his arrows. (OCC Metaphysical Weapon).

GruTheWanderer

First Post
And so it begins, six companions in search of answers.

There is a temple of Pelor in Lark, the nearby city, thirty minutes away by horseback. The party reaches the gates and Rex requests audience with the head of the temple. He greets Rex warmly and guides you into a side chamber.

There are also bards and sages in the city. The most important thing to decide is what questions you will be asking and what type of information are you looking for (bardic knowledge, divination spells, etc)?

Remove ads