• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If Thoughts Could Kill

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Bellus' kukris fly out and slash at Groknar's back only to slide off his thick armor.

Verra pours on the speed and manifests Time Hop. Qataria vanishes.

Zelestine turns on Darian with her greatsword. She slashes the wizard twice (31 damage).

The demon steps forward and flanks Groknar. It attacks with its bite and two claws, but only the fangs connect (12 damage).

Groknar slashes mightily with his axe. Unfortunately the creature's natural armor is significant, and the blows fail to connect.

Darian prepares a scroll and casts, drawing an attack of opportunity from the pyschic warrior (19 damage, 21 hp remaining). He tries to touch her, but she dodges his outstretched arm.

The spell is still active until you cast another.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
'Sigh, Zelestine's controlled as well?!? Great, just great,' Verra thought.

With a snap of his head, Verra attempted to Time Hop (DC D20 +12)Zelestine before she killed Darian, then Rapid shot at the demon.

To Hit: +22/+22 = +5 base, +2 competence + 8 Dex + 3 Bow + 3 Arrow +2 Insight +1 point blank -2 rapid,
Damage: +1d8 +2d6 + 13 (+1d8 base +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1 Point blank +5 Str +3 Bow + 3 Arrow +1 Competence)

Hammerhead

Explorer
Demon-thing bad! It tricky! Me no like demon tricky stuff! TIME TO EAT AXE! Groknar screams as he continually tries to hack his enemy apart with his axe. You next, little man! he warns Bellus, as he feels his tiny little Kukries trying to penetrate his armor.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi, All! Life is intruding on my ability to post regularly. I'm preparing for a conference next week, so I probably can't post until 10/19. See you then.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi Everyone,

I've decided to close all my PbP games due to an increase in RL responsibilities. Thanks for your enthusiasm and participation throughout. I really enjoyed the characters, the dialogues, and the action.

I'm sorry to leave the story unfinished. Please let me know if you would like a final wrap-up message.

Sincerely,
Derek "GruTheWanderer" Poppink

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Drat. Thought for sure we'd actually finish this one. Anywho, thanks for months of great fun . . . sorry its ending so soon.

Keia

ps. ending would be cool . . . but then that would mean it had ended. Though feel free to pick it up when things slow again (or is that not an option).

Last edited:

Remove ads