• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If Thoughts Could Kill

Victim

First Post
"A multiple target Domination," Darian guesses after resisting the brutal mental attack and noting his companions' strange behavior, "I did not know such a spell existed. Of course, while the will crushing power of domination is great, a mere apprentice abjurer could effect a countermeasure," Darian taunts while his hands shuffle through his scrolls. After removing the handful of protection spells near the top, Darian quickly bestrows Protection from Evil upon Zelestine, assuming she's within reach.

If no dominated person is within reach, Darian will dig deeper into his scrolls to sieze the power of Dismissal.

[Retrieve object, MEA; cast Pro Evil on dominated person within reach - currently Zelestine - or Dismissal on demon. Versus SR 9, Will save (DC 17) modified by HD difference. Stupid sucky scrolls.]

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Not to nit-pick, but how do we know who is dominated and who isn't...

Technically the demon is controlling you, so it directs you to attack specific targets. But I figured it would be more fun to let you control your attacks against your fellows.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I shall attack whoever is close...which loks like Groknar (sorry )
Ouch, his back is too me too...er, doesn't he have barbarian levels to avoid my sneak? :O
JEMAL:You are dominated as well...guess it's not the Demon that you are attacking, eh? :(

Hammerhead

Explorer
OOC: ...you might as well take it. Yoinked for sig.

Fortunately, Groknar has Uncanny Dodge, making it unlikely for Bellus to get a sneak attack on him. Further, Groknar's high AC should also help prevent the gnome from hamstringing him in eleven different places.

Great, now Zelestine is safe. We can now all rejoice that she isn't going to take us all down with eleven point Greatsword hits. Now we just get to watch Qataria kill us, one person each round.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Hammerhead said:
OOC: ...you might as well take it. Yoinked for sig.

Fortunately, Groknar has Uncanny Dodge, making it unlikely for Bellus to get a sneak attack on him. Further, Groknar's high AC should also help prevent the gnome from hamstringing him in eleven different places.

Great, now Zelestine is safe. We can now all rejoice that she isn't going to take us all down with eleven point Greatsword hits. Now we just get to watch Qataria kill us, one person each round.

OOC: Sorry. My original plan WAS to cast prot Evil on Qataria. But the 50 ft pit in the way kind of ruined that plan.

We could just try unloading on the demon, they usually go down quick. Of course, IIRC, the psionic demon with Mass Domination is pretty tough with some damage reducing ability.

Remove ads