• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If Thoughts Could Kill

Victim

First Post
"Bellus, can you perhaps enlighten us all regarding our curative resources? I can't imagine that your wand would sustain us through several additional battles comparable to this one. If it will only last for one more battle, then we ought to head to the northeast, since it's presumeably the most dangerous. Once we get that out of the way, we can reassess the others based on our information. I wouldn't want to attempt perhaps the most dangerous passage without proper resources."

GruTheWanderer

First Post
The hallway directly east contains three small alcoves - one at the far end, and two at the center of the hall on either side of the corridor. Each alcove holds an urn inscribed with symbols.

Attachments

• Thoughts26.GIF
    Thoughts26.GIF
    14.4 KB · Views: 81

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I am not sure how many charges remain, Gru...I just scrolled back through many pages looking and my last use of it read <from you> 'Bellus uses the Wand until you are all Healed. It had 30 Charges originally. Let's use it until everyone is healed.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Thank you, crazy sword lady and wizard man! Groknar say with great enthusiasm in his voice. Me very polite, right Jobu? he thinks, congratulating himself on his manners. Groknar then pushes ahead, to examine briefly and then to overturn the first of the urns, the one on the left.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Uriel said:
OoC:I am not sure how many charges remain, Gru...I just scrolled back through many pages looking and my last use of it read <from you> 'Bellus uses the Wand until you are all Healed. It had 30 Charges originally. Let's use it until everyone is healed.

I'm fairly sure you used at least 7 charges last time (the exact number is in the post prior to the one you mentioned), so we can assume the wand is fully spent now that everyone is healed.

Groknar tromps down the hall and almost passes into the intersection when his barbarian instincts give him pause. The central 10' section of the floor swings noisily open to reveal a 50-foot pit trap. Groknar balances on the edge for a moment, then steps back. The loud screeching generated by the trap quickly brings the rest of the party.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Well that was almost very bad . . ." Verra commented. He looked around the area and down the hallway for any new arrivals showing up as a result of the loud noise.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Groknar stares at the pit trap after nearly falling in. Whoops. Now on, let little gnome go first. Groknar pats Jobu, smiling. Good work, Jobu. Look everyone! Me find trap!

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I love Groknar including the Crazy when talking about the sword lady...hehehe.

IC Bellus moves past his friend saying What a fine Rogue you'd make Groknar, old fellow.' Moving forward, the Gnome continues looking for other dangers less obvious.

<Search Floors, walls, ceilings, Urns themselves, in that order for traps. One Kukri is out, one hand is free>

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
"Perhaps now that our healing is exhausted, we should proceed more cautiously. We'll have to suffer through any further injuries." Darian keeps an eye on the main chamber.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Bellus conducts a thorough search of the area (which takes about 16 minutes). No other traps are found, although he locates a secret door in the eastern alcove that will open with a push.

The urns contain ashes. The symbols on the urns represent the names 'Thranastrol', 'Morstal', and 'Bokanathol'.

Remove ads