If You Need a Cane, Buy One of These

R_J_K75

Legend
I got sick of breaking the 3-piece screw together wooden canes. I tweaked my search terms and found this guy; it was a miracle. It is very solid. He has 37" seconds now for cheap. I have no skin in this game, just very impressed with the guy's product and integrity.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
First, thanks and bookmarked!

I had to get a cane when I injured myself on a trip in 2015. I still need to use it on occasion due to illness or injury, but not for daily use.

My Mom uses Hurricanes, and probably couldn’t use one of these. My Dad doesn’t need a cane at all…yet.

But I could see getting one at some point.

One caveat: you might want to check the regulations on taking one through security when flying or going into any other secured area, like a courthouse. I know tactical pens (which are both writing implements AND small tactical batons/window breakers) can be confiscated ant such entrances, and getting caught with one might even result in criminal charges.

Hell, I had a metal beard comb (about the size of a credit card) confiscated when I had jury duty.

R_J_K75

Legend
One caveat: you might want to check the regulations on taking one through security when flying or going into any other secured area, like a courthouse. I know tactical pens (which are both writing implements AND small tactical batons/window breakers) can be confiscated ant such entrances, and getting caught with one might even result in criminal charges.
I don't use it on a daily basis either, but I'm finding I need one more often than not these days. I've already thought about leaving it home when travelling, going to government buildings, concerts, etc.

Just an FYI. I spoke with the owner on the phone last Monday and he's a small operation, him and his wife, and I got the impression that he may not be in business too much longer.

R_J_K75

Legend
Say, someone needed to hit an orc on the head with one of these. Any chance on bending it? Asking for a PC.
Not a chance, this thing is solid and heavy. I bought it primarily as a walking aid; one that wouldn't break, but secondarily I wanted something I could defend myself with if the need arises. At first glance I don't think anyone would expect it weigh as much as it does and would most likely underestimate it, thinking it's made of tube steel rather than bar stock.

Bagpuss

Legend
"Tactical" is that just because it is painted black? It doesn't seem to conceal a firearm or even a sword. It doesn't even have straps and those plastic clips you get with "Tactical" stuff, and where's the urban camo pattern?

Remove ads