If YOU were a god?

Yqatuba

First Post
Who would you make your prophet/disciples? My prophet would be a brobignagian(sp) half-celestial paragon tapir (just imagine, a 200 foot long tapir with golden skin and angel wings!) Not sure for disciples but Krust would definatly be one :)

Hiya mate! :)

Yqatuba said:
Who would you make your prophet/disciples? My prophet would be a brobignagian(sp) half-celestial paragon tapir (just imagine, a 200 foot long tapir with golden skin and angel wings!) Not sure for disciples but Krust would definatly be one :)

I appreciate the love dude! :D

I remember when I was roleplaying my character Thrin he had about 3 or 4 'go to' guys and gals who were, in a way his defacto prophets and disciples.

The main man was Lord Vantor, who was the greatest warrior in the world. He ended up a Quasi-deity. I think he was Level 34 Fighter/Level 14 Cleric (or something like that).

There was also Karzalin who was sort of Thrin's own personal Elminster. I think he ended up a Level 35 Wizard. I don't think he was necessarily immortal.

Lady Reesha was Thrin's consort. She was a Barbarian Queen from a planet Thrin rescued from a horde of half-wolf Ogres who worshipped Fenris Wolf. I think she got to about Level 21 Barbarian, she was a hero-deity though. After a few adventures though Thrin didn't want to risk her getting killed. So she wouldn't have been part of a strike team.

There was an Arch-Templar (priest) whose name escapes me. He was Thrin's highest priest.

There was Ulfius Bloodhammer, Level 21 Fighter. Although he went off to be a Duke in one of the countries of an Empire I wanted to take over...of course the people running the Empire were basically neutral, so that was more of a political situation and I couldn't plot a coup.

All my top guys were super-twinked out because Thrin had so much loot that even the secondary items were all +5.

Eventually you get so fond of running these secondary characters that you don't want to risk them (unless you really have to) at which point you bring up a new set of characters from the ranks.

Vantor was definately THE man though. I recall my previous head of the Thrinian Knights was defeated in a duel with the Grandmaster of the Darksword Knights and that insensed me enough to min-max Vantor to breaking point. I don't think Vantor ever fought with the head of the Darksword Knights (which annoyed Vantor who wanted to reclaim the honour of the Thrinian Knights), Thrin was reluctant because that evil warrior had a few very nasty magic items. But he was the sort of character you could just teleport into the middle of an enemy army and would just make mince meat out of them. I do recall Vantor defeating Nidhugg the Corpse Tearer.

The Darksword Knights were brick tough. Basically a lawful (devil worshipping) version of GW's Chaos Warriors. They were the evil counterparts of the Thrinian Knights. Although we rode horses, they rode Dragons. :eek:

Yqatuba

First Post
Do prophet have the have the same portfolio as the god they serve? I was thikning about putting stats for my prophetapir on the epic monsters thread but haven't decided portfolios yet

Howdy Yqatuba matey! :)

Yqatuba said:
Do prophet have the have the same portfolio as the god they serve? I was thikning about putting stats for my prophetapir on the epic monsters thread but haven't decided portfolios yet

Prophetapir sounds kewl as one word. :D

I don't think Prophets necessarily must have the same portfolios unless they are primarily from the Cleric Class, in which case it seems most likely.

Remove ads