• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you were to optimize a 2-weapon ranger...

Shin Okada

Explorer
How about a Hybrid Fighter/Ranger with Hybrid Talent (Tempest Technique), then proceed to Shock Trooper.

Use Double-Sword as your weapon of choice. Both of the weapon's heads are off-hand. So now you thanks to Tempest Technique and Deadly Soldier features, both of the heads are d8 and you gain +1 to attack and +2 to damage for both of the ends.

scylis

First Post
Also, now that rapiers are Martial weapons, your halfling Ranger might consider going with those instead of scimitars, unless you're particularly partial to Scimitar Dance. The extra +1 to hit they give can potentially net you more damage overall than DEX damage on a miss. Light blades also have some tasty feats to them you could take in place of Scimitar Dance, now that rapiers don't cost a feat to use.

deardust

First Post
The character builder with Auguest update doesn't seem to recognize Rapier as a default proficiency martial weapon for Rangers... I still need to burn a feat to use them... am I correct?

evilbob

Explorer
If anyone is actually still asking this question, the answer is very easy.

1) Go to the character optimization forums on WotC's site

2) Look for any post by lordduskblade

3) Follow the links in his sig

4) Profit.

In all seriousness, that guy is hands-down the most amazing striker builder I have ever seen. He has powerful, fun, balanced builds that work at all levels. You may not wish to use all of his ideas, since he does tend to use things that some DMs would not allow, but generally his theory-crafting skills are insane, and there's no doubt you could get some very useful ideas or tips from his work. He is also not a complete jerk, unlike a few other people on those boards.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads