Iggwilv's Legacy - Evil party

kinem

Adventurer
To the inhabitants of war-torn Oerth, the spellcaster Iggwilv is a footnote to history, an adviser and facilitator to greater evils. They forget that Iggwilv — master of demons, mistress of Graz’zt, and mother of Iuz — conquered an entire region with her potent spells and demonic minions. Even today, when so many have studied her writings, and all have heard of the so-called lost caverns where she hid her greatest of treasures, Iggwilv keeps a secret or two regarding her rise to power.

So far this is just an interest check. If the game happens it would use the 3.5 edition conversion & expansion of the classic module "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" which appeared in WotC's online version of Dragon/Dungeon magazine in the short period after they foolishly took the license for those magazines away from Paizo and before they switched to 4th edition.

The twist is that the PCs would be evil, out to get their hands on Iggwilv's treasure, especially the infamous Demonomicon and Daoud’s Wondrous Lanthorn.

The part would consist of four 11th level PCs.

Some Q&A:

- Why this module?

It was actually one of the few that I found which is suitable for an evil party motivated only by greed.

- Why 3.5?

While I mostly play Pathfinder these days, I've had more than enough of system conversions - way too much work.

- Are monstrous PCs allowed?

On a case-by-case basis and with a max LA of +2.

- How evil?

Up to the PCs, but basically motivated by greed.

- Why evil?

To change things up a little. I get bored of replaying the same stories.

- If I sacrifice the monsters I was going to kill anyway to an evil god using the sacrifice rules in BoVD, am I likely to get anything useful out of it?

No.

- Is PC versus PC violence allowed?

Yes - and keep that in mind before you sign up - but I'd rather not see that play out right away. You need each other to survive the dangers ahead. That may change when there are no longer those other dangers ahead ...

Infighting weakens a party a great deal. The nice thing about a scenario like this is that since you aren't trying to save the world, it's OK if the party fails. In fact, it's better for the campaign world if you do fail.

- Is player versus player violence allowed?

No. Keep the OOC all in fun.

- Does the party need to be balanced in terms of class roles?

No.

Last edited:

cool hand luke

First Post
I'd be interested, I haven't played at all in about 3 years, so I'd be a little rusty, but this seems right up my alley, That's right in my interest area for levels and the evil is a nice touch.

kinem

Adventurer
Welcome (back), luke.

Sounds like you'd be a good fit but we'd need 3 more players. Maybe a lot of people are playing Skyrim instead of coming here.

What class would you prefer?

cool hand luke

First Post
I'd prefer either a skill monkey type, or an evil cleric/druid. I have vague concepts of some evil characters I'd work on depending on allowed sources/other party makeup.

Zerith

First Post
might be interested, and awh... +2 or less only? that means I can't use a Wyrmling(dragon) who is amasing a hord :(
hmm, what if I do a kobold sorcerer who is attempting to become a dragon? :3
(not saying he will, but he is tryin'!)

Addon: looks like he will have a lower caster level, lower as in level 7 at level 20
But he will have a racial modifier of[FONT=&quot] Str +8, Con + 2, Dex +2, Int +2, Cha +4 and +6 nat armor even with his kobold silliness by that point :3

yes, a kobold that can chuck dwarfs: I'll do it! >:D

btw, do I need graft feats to get grafts, and if not how easy would it be to get grafts in game? I want to get him some dragon teamed grafts (he needs horns, and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]extra [/FONT][FONT=&quot]breath weapons ;3)

Also, what level do you see this game getting to assuming there is no TPK?
[/FONT]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
I think you have in mind the Dragon Disciple PrC; is that right? You could go that route thought it's considered a weak class.

Actually, even though I said max LA of +2, I would allow you to be a half-dragon kobold if you want, even though the LA is +3.

We'd still need 2 more players though.

I don't forsee any level advancement - it's just one module. In PBP that'll take plenty long enough.

DrZombie

First Post
I'm interested. I'll be looking at playing a cerebromancer, which is a dual classed wizard/psion.

How about we all play lawful evil and agree to take over the world. Once we have that we'll see on how to ascend into godhood together :)

Zerith

First Post
becuse we're all Evil and better serve, ourselves, by taking advantage of the other guy and taking the godly power for ourselves before he dos the same: why share when you can horde?:angel:

Remove ads