D&D 5E IG's "It's a Brand New World" [IC]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Once the situation is diffused (assuming it is), and the bodies have been gathered and lined up, Garrison turns to the Captain.

"Permission to retire to my cabin for an hour or so?"

pathfinderq1

First Post
Throughout the aftermath of the fight, and the confrontation with Justice, J'hanna stood off to one side. She kept her helm and her shield on at first, just in case, but said not a word. It wasn't her ship, and so not her place to venture an opinion- and she had to admit she didn't entirely understand what had gone on here. The fighting part, well, she understood that, but not what was going on with Justice, and the other ship- had they been pirates, or was it some weird case of mistaken identity where they had thought this ship was pirates...

She shook her head, finally, as the confrontation seemed to be resolved, and pulled off her helm just in time to hear Justice speak as he prayed over the elven woman. His words seemed sincere, and the gods seemed to answer- that was enough for her. She stepped forward to Garrison's side and spoke in a soft growl. "That was bravely done of you, both during the fight and after. I had not thought that sailors might be as brave and skilled as soldiers on the land." Then she turned away and walked towards the captain. "Is there anything I might do to help now? I am no sailor, but it seems we may be short-handed here and I am still healthy enough haul a rope or swing a hammer if it is needful."

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan greatly improved under the spell cast on her, and she gave Justice a startled look as she sat up. She hadn't expected magical healing...always a precious commodity...from one of the humans. Certainly not while others of their number were badly injured.

"I...thank you."

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sorry, if I had more healing, I'd spread it around, but he just used all 5 points on the person he views as saving his life during the fight. Luckily, it shouldn't be too much an issue to take a short rest and use a hit die hopefully.

"You're welcome, ma'am." Justice says to Maighan as he takes her hands and helps pull her to her feet. "It's the least I can do after you saved my life with that well placed shot during the fight. I should get busy helping out for now though. I do have experience as a sailor and we have plenty of work to do after a battle like that, I'm sure. How can I help, Captain?", he says while turning to the Captain of the ship...

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan nodded and put her bow away, collecting her arrows where they scattered when she fell.

"I'd like to help as well," she offered. "I've used most of my magic for now, but I am skilled with medicines if you have any on the ship."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: We've not heard from IG for two weeks now; there's been some sleight activity since then on other threads, but nothing here. I think this was unexpected?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: We've not heard from IG for two weeks now; there's been some sleight activity since then on other threads, but nothing here. I think this was unexpected?

OOC: It happens. Sometimes life bites you in the butt unexpectedly. I am willing to patiently await [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION]'s return. :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
port.jpg

The captain and crew keep a nervous eye on Justice throughout the remainder of the voyage, which is mercifully uneventful. Some of the crew have personally expressed their willingness to hold Garrison to his word should should the stranger prove himself an enemy after all. As time passes, however, it seems that the nervous glances and veiled threats have subside, and Justice is allowed to breathe easy once again. And Garrison, too.

This ship limps into port just as the sun is settling into the horizon. Weeping Mary is no stranger here, and the damage done to her is not un-noticed as several dock-hands approach the ship to work the cargo.

"Get her unloaded," the captain says. "Then get the hell off my boat. She's not going anywhere until the damage is repaired, and who knows how long that'll take. Sign on with another merchant if you have to, or get comfortable here, makes no difference to me. He stops at Justice before stepping off.

"I get that you're a good man. Probably an honest one at that, but..." he pauses, and thinks about his next words. "I'm off to deliver the news to Jon's bride. That she's lost her husband and her new son's father. I trust you won't be here when I return." He doesn't wait for a response, but turns and climbs down onto the crowded docks of Silverport and disappears.

Remove ads