D&D 5E IG's "It's a Brand New World" [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
J'hanna keeps the target engaged long enough for Aedon to finish off the already wounded pirate.

OOC: That's 8. The encounter is successful; everything after this point is just story.

"Jon, nooo!" The scream comes from behind Maighan somewhere, though she's not sure where behind really is, so dizzy is she from blood loss. The other pirate advances on her, and if she tried to defend herself nobody could tell.

Justice curses as Sea Bride goes down in flames. The tragic scene of this unknown hero being swallowed by the bloody, fiery sea will surely stick with him for some time. Resigned that there is nothing he can do, he dashes over the boarding plank on to the other ship, unknowingly knocking it overboard from the other side. Sword raised in both hands, he nearly splits the pirate's head in two. Finally he is able to come face-to-face with the archer who saved his life... just before she collapses.

The captain and crew of Weeping Mary continue their bloody work, showing no mercy to those bandits who dared challenge them. One by one their rent corpses fill the sea until none are left. Afterward, there will be no sailor on that ship who will ever admit to having seen the captain shed a tear, for they too weep for their fallen first mate.

"It's Jon's ship now," the captain says. "By right of the Grieving Sea, it was his the moment the pirate scum took his last breath at Jon's sword. Jon died a captain, and he went down with his own ship. And that's how he'll be remembered in the eyes of his wife and young son."

OOC: Kind of a long way to go about getting you all on the same boat, but I suppose it worked. Roleplay for a bit to sort things out if you need to, then we'll limp this boat into harbor.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Nissa spends several minutes sitting alone, away from everyone else. Finally, when she is calmer, she asks everyone and no one, any one who'll listen, "What just happened? Where did those pirates come from? What was that other ship? And who is he?" She points at Justice.

sithramir

First Post
Aedon, still wary, keeps focused awaiting to see what happens. He keeps his distance from any but his friends.

"Why would a pirate fight his fellows? Didn't want to go down with The sinking ship?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Justice hesitates for a moment, thinking about how to answer the girl's question. Then the other one speaks and Justice can't stop his eyes from going wide and a scowl from forming on his mouth as he growls out a fierce denial: "I am NO pirate!" Quivering in a near rage, it's all he can do to keep himself from moving forward to throttle the man or run him through. After a moment though, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in and out, before sheathing his sword and responding more calmly. "I'm not a pirate. I'm not one of their crew. They pulled me out of the ocean a couple days ago where they found me drifting on my raft at sea. You can still see the sunburn from that torturous journey, see?", he holds out his arms to show them. "They told me your ship was attacking us. I hate pirates, and as soon as I figured out that they were using some magic to fake the flames on their sails, I killed their mage myself while trying to get to the captain. Give me a chance, and I'll prove your trust in me worthwhile."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Not Helpful," growls Garrison to Nissa. Though he knows she is kidding (well, does he? he'll act as if he knows this), now he wants to calm things down.

"Justice. Thank you. You understand our nerves are on edge, and too much life has been lost here already."

He turns to the captain, but speaks loud so all will hear. "I will stand for this one. If there is betrayal, I will be the one that deals with it. Or I shall answer with my life." That last phrase could go without saying, but he is as cautious of the passengers the ship carries as he is of the crew.

Sotto voce, to Justice. "Don't make me regret this."

Shayuri

First Post
"Ugh..." Maighan opened her eyes a little and winced at the spears of sunlight that shone through her lids. Fear kindled as her memory returned, but her body was sluggish and cold like a lizard in the morning. Even the wound she'd taken felt more numb than painful, and that wasn't a good sign. Not at all.

The elf managed to tilt her head up enough to see the faces of those nearby, and it was with some relief that she noted the pirates were not among them. A sour voice in the back of her head wondered why no one was trying to help her...but they were only human. Perhaps they'd thought her dead?

She cast a spell, drawing power from the sea under the ship; from the fish and kelp and living things that filled it. Just a little from each small thing was enough to bring her back from the brink, though not to completely regenerate her damaged tissues.

(Cure Wounds! [roll0] HP healed.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Justice raises one eybrow at the threatening tone of the human woman, wondering if he was about to have a problem. Then the half orc stepped in and spoke up for him. Justice locked eyes with the half-orc and noded slowly in understanding and appreciation. "We will all earn each other's trust together then, or we won't, as the gods see fit.", he says, to hopefully close the touchy subject for now.

Seeing the elf archer stir, he moves towards her while glancing at the others to make sure they don't misinterpret anything as a potential attack. "I'm glad you are awake ma'am. I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you sooner, but I had to explain my position to the others so that I wasn't killed or cast overboard again. Here, let me help with your wound...", he says while reaching his left hand out to cover her wound while his right hand curls around an amulet hanging around his neck. Intoning softly, "This one served the good and the just this day, let her be healed." A warm radiance that feels to her like summer sunlight on her skin glows from behind his hand and Maighan feels her wound heal even further than before.

OOC: Lay on Hands to heal 5 HP's to Maighan

Remove ads