IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Rhun

First Post
"Sure is dark," says Rexy in a whisper as she enters, grateful for what little light Xao's stick is casting into the hovel.

industrygothica

Adventurer
As the door falls into the room, an overwhelming aura of evil fills the air, so vile in intensity that you are overcome by it and your stomach threatens revolt.

[sblock=Will saves for everyone!]
Rexy: 18-1=pass
Dacen: 15+4pass
Xao: 10+3=fail (shaken for 10 minutes (60 rounds), -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks)
Fen: 15+1=pass[/sblock]

Xao retches but manages to keep down whatever is left of his supper. He is visibly shaken.

As you manage to steel yourself against the malice that pervades this place, you take in your surroundings. The room is small and sparsely furnished. A simple cot, devoid of blankets or sheets, stands against one wall, its mattress savaged by deep cuts and stained rust-brown with long-dried blood. A small table is pressed against the wall beside the window, and a fireplace stands cold and lifeless. A cheap print, faded with age, hangs over the fireplace and beside it is a small cupboard. The floors and walls are stained with a combination of blood and other unidentifiable filth. A sound of scampering feet can be heard as numerous rodents scatter for cover, but the only look you get at the shadowy creatures is a quick flash of movement out of the corners of your eyes.

[sblock=Autumn]For the life of me I can't find Fen's saves on your character sheet. Am I blind, or are they missing?[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I've got a bad feeling about this," whispers Rexy, taking a couple more steps into the room. She suddenly wonders if she wouldn't be better off comforting her sister, instead of being out in the night stalking an unknown killer. She shivers slightly as another thought runs through her mind: maybe the killer is now stalking them...

Schmoe

Adventurer
"We can't turn back now." Xao's voice is shaky, and he grips the door frame with a white-knuckled grasp. "There has been too much suffering here, that is clear. This place is tainted."

Xao takes a few cautious steps into the room, trying hard to keep his knees from buckling. He's had better days.

"I don't know what those creatures are in the shadows, but we'd best be careful. They may be corrupted by this place." Xao gathers himself and seems to gain some small measure of inner resolve. "We should search around. I have a feeling that something here will tell us what drives the Ripper."

Xao moves slowly to inspect the faded print, wary of the creatures scampering in the shadows.

Last edited:

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen successfully holds his resolve - and the contents of his stomach against the vileness of the place. He steps through the doorway and into the center of the ramshackle shack, looking around briefly. "The entirety of this place is corrupted," he concludes. "But do not lose heart - our vengeance for these atrocities is a sacred enterprise."

As Xao moves to look at the print, Dacen walks over to the cupboard and opens it, intending to get a look at its contents.

Autumn

First Post
[sblock=IG]You're not blind. Oops! Sorry about that. I'll put them in now.[/sblock]

Fen turns his face away, fighting off the sickening sensation that washes over him as the door is leveled. Finally looking back up with a small shudder, he hawks a heartfelt gob of phlegm and tobacco into the gutter before stepping determinedly into the disgusting room.

His first thought is to look about to discover whatever it was he put his hand into a minute ago.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Fen turns over the broken door to see whatever it was he put his hands in. He discovers a wad of bloodied rags stuffed into the where the inside doorknob used to be.

The print depicts a forlorn landscape wrought with battle, and a tear-stained woman kneeling over a fallen knight. The Knight's Widow is written in faded letting along the bottom edge.

The cupboards contain only cheap cutlery, a few empty bottles of spirits, and a hearth broom.

Fen notices a hastily plastered patch on the north wall, quite obviously covering what was once a door.

Schmoe

Adventurer
"Perhaps not," Xao mutters distractedly, still inspecting the painting. "But from the looks of things, someone has been here recently." Xao turns to gaze at the fresh blood on the bandages in the door. "I only wonder how that someone got in here. All of the exits seem to have been suitably barred. There may be a trap door or something around here."

[sblock]
Does Xao recognize anything supernatural about the blood or anything else in the room? (Knowledge Arcana +7). I'm assuming, for the moment, that everything looks to be normal/natural.

Also, based on the size of the shack and the size of the room, do I think that the plastered door leads to another room, or outside on the other side of the shack?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads