IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Autumn

First Post
He's becoming frustrated, but Fen steels himself and keeps shooting. There's not much else he can do at this point, and sooner or later he knows he's bound to get his eye back in.

[sblock=OOC]Likewise Fen will keep on shooting until the ghoul is down or something drastically changes.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rexy (7+4+2=miss) and Dacen (3+2+2=miss) flank the ghoul, but it somehow dodges both their blows while sinking its teeth into Dacen's shoulder (-5 hp). Fen (6+3-4=miss) and Xao (3+2-4=miss) both loose a missile attack, and both go wide of their intended target.

Rexy (14+4+2=hit, 4 damage) strengthens her resolve and this time impales the undead one more time, forcing it to pause just long enough for Xao's bolt (20=autohit, immune to crit, 7 damage) to land home and drop the thing.

Fen shudders a bit (12+3-4=miss) as Dacen staggers backwards from the weight of his missed swing (9+2+2=miss), his fresh blood glistening under the moonlight.

[sblock=Details]
23 Rexy 12/12:
18 Dacen 4/9:
17 Fen 9/9:
17 Xao 3/5:

The ghoul is defeated in three rounds[/sblock]

Autumn

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Fen has Precise Shot (ironic huh? :p) so I don't think he should have taken that -4 penalty, and Point Blank Shot so he should have been at +4 rather than +3. But no matter, the thing's dead![/sblock]

Fen shakes his head in frustration as he realizes he didn't manage to land a single shot. His nerves must be worse than he thought. I need a drink...

"Good job," he says flatly, his tone gruff as always, as he re-shoulders his bow.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen lurches back, fighting the urge to drop his mace. Or scream. That wouldn't look very good either. The cursed thing bit him! Gingerly, he returns his mace to his belt. Straightening, he lays a hand over his injury and prays quietly, calling for St. Cuthbert's blessing to mend his injured flesh.

OOC:[sblock] Substituting prepared Command for Cure Light Wounds, healing 1d8+1 damage. If possible (or necessary), Knowledge (Religion) +4 to see if there may be any long term disease or affliction could be caused by the ghoul's bite.[/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
Xao stares in disbelief for several moments, motionless. He nearly drops the crossbow, but recovers. "Well, is everyone ok? I had no idea that this," he brandishes the stick that now glows with Light, "would cause such a problem. But now that we have it, maybe we won't be surprised like that."

He walks closer to look at the corpse and the ghoul. "It looks like we found the thing that murdered this poor soul. I hope that there aren't more around." He pauses for a few seconds to peer into the gloom of the streets around him. "Still, we have business here. Let's continue."

Xao cocks and reloads his crossbow, and prepares to head to Mari Kel's once again.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dacen calls on St. Cuthbert to close his wounds, and the others watch as the bite on his shoulder heals instantly (CLW: 1d8+1=6, Dacen is fully healed).

Dacen recalls that a ghoul's bite can inflict upon its victim a temporary bout of paralysis, but he seems to have been able to fight the condition off. For now...

Xao approaches the corpse that was to be the Ghouls meal. It appears the body has been dead for some time, as indicated by the maggots slithering through the rotting flesh.

He just has time to notice the band of un-tanned skin where the man's wedding ring once was before the stench of the rotting carcass overtakes him and causes him to add his last meal to the pile of putrid flesh beneath him (Will save: 1+3=fail, Xao is nauseated).

Schmoe

Adventurer
Xao crawls from the body, violently heaving and trying to get away from the repulsive sight. He pukes into a corner until the nausea passes, then shakily rises to his feet.

"I think," he pants, "that I was wrong. That body has been here for some time. We'd best be on our guard, whatever killed him may still be around."

Holding his light aloft, Xao looks around for Mari's shack, obviously eager to get to the bottom of this.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The crypt-like alley ends in a weary wooden door hiding amidst the shadows. Faded, cryptic red graffiti, etched in either ink or blood, is scrawled across the door. It's probably just a warning to trespassers that the aged building is unsafe, but it's hard to tell. Beside the door is a small, grime covered window. The glass in the lower portion is broken outwards as if something desperately sought to escape through the meager opening, but the jagged hole has since been filled with old garments.

Remove ads