• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Oh..." Rayel whispers, staring at the revealed corridor. She lifts up the lantern to try to illuminate it further, her hand remarkably steady in the face of everything that's gone on today.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The corridor is a rough stone floor surrounded by walls that look as if they'll collapse at any minute. There is a swollen door set about ten feet inward and to the left, while the corridor continues on to another opening at the end.

Rhun

First Post
In the light from Ray's lantern, Rexy glides quietly down the corridor. She pauses to listen at the swollen wooden door.

Move Silently +3; Listen -1

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen peers inside the passage after Rexy heads down that way, looking at the walls warily. "Careful, the whole passage doesn't look safe. That door doesn't look like its been used for awhile, at least from back here."

industrygothica

Adventurer
The room at the end of the hall is bathed in a dark, swirling, crimson mist that seems to swallow up any light that comes in contact with it. You can't make out anything more than what's a few feet in front of you, and the stomach-churning smell of old blood hangs in the damp air.

Rhun

First Post
Rexy moves back to join her companions. "I think there is something in there, but I don't know what...it is dark, but there is an evil presence about to be sure."

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen nods slowly, "Alright. Well. We're not going to find anything pleasant, but... there's nowhere else to go."

He swallows hard - he still hasn't recovered from the sight, and smell, of that body stuffed in that barrel. "What could be worse than that? By St. Cuthbert, I don't ever want to open a barrel again!

"We should take a closer look, I'll go first if you w-want," he can't stop his voice from catching, and he grinds his jaw shut in annoyance at the audible display of his shot nerves.

Rhun

First Post
Rexy shakes her head. "I'll go. Just hold the light high, and don't let me get too far ahead of you."

With that said, she holds her rapier in a defensive stance and begins slowly back down the hall toward the chamber at the end.

Remove ads