• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rexy walks into the mist-filled room and notices that any light from the lantern has not entered with her--it is literally swallowed up by the mist, and any distance past the entryway is in total dark.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Rexy!" Rayel exclaims in a soft, high-pitched voice. "Be careful."

OOC: [sblock]Would Rayel recognize this effect (either the mist itself or the light-dampening effect) with a Knowledge (arcana) (+6) or a Spellcraft (+5)?[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
OOC: [sblock]Would Rayel recognize this effect (either the mist itself or the light-dampening effect) with a Knowledge (arcana) (+6) or a Spellcraft (+5)?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Knowledge (arcana) 7+6=13; Spellcraft 1+5=6

'friad not.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Rexy slowly moves back to rejoin her companions. "The latern doesn't light the way at all. It is completely dark ahead."

PhoenixAsh

First Post
"Maybe we should try and get that other door open first, then. Might be a way around it? I don't know, I hate to go in there if we can't see anything. Fen, maybe you could take a look and see if that door is safe to open?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Fen checks out the door and deems it safe to open, if not just a little stuck.

"All good. One o' y'all unstick it, 'n I'll have yer back."

He backs away, arrow knocked, ready to plunge it into away at anything that might be on the other side.

ooc: Not sure I get Fen's accent right, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rayel raises the lantern with one hand and keeps her other free, also raised as if to throw something.

"I'm ready when you are," she whispers, still paranoid about the blood-mist at their back. She keeps stealing glances over her shoulder, as if to make sure it's not sneaking up on them...

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen steps up against the door, and puts his shoulder to it - trying to force it open.

OOC: Str Check Normally is at +2, but if Dacen is still shaken then it is at +0. Dacen will take 20.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dacen manages to open the door quickly enough, but not without a fair bit of noise. Beyond the door is a rectangular room with a recessed antechamber to the side. Etched into the stone floor is a crude pentagram surrounded by various sinister-looking arcane symbols. Tall candelabras line the outer portion of the room, but their tallow candles are cold and unlit.

[sblock=Rayel]Spellcraft: 20+5=25 vs. DC 12

Most of the symbols are completely fabricated and useless. Those that might have any application whatsoever are poorly crafted and non-functional in their current state, but their intended purpose is clear: to restore life to the unliving.[/sblock]

As you go farther into the room you see that the antechamber was obviously a laboratory and study. On a bench lie various jars, rolled parchments, human skull, a ritualistic dagger, and bottles filled with discolored liquids. Lying slumped in a chair behind the bench, arms thrown over its face in terror and body twisted in obvious agony, is a skeletal figure. It's clear he died in a horrible fashion, probably many decades ago.

Remove ads