• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen steps into the room under the momentum of his shoving at the door. After a look around he looks behind him, "Odd. But it looks safe enough."

Avoiding the pentagram, he makes his way over to the bench with the various items on it and kneels down, trying to make out any text on the parchment without destroying it. Glancing up at the skeleton he remarks aloud, "It's male. Could be our lover boy who wrote the journal. If it is, doesn't look like whatever he was working on came to a good end. What do you make of the markings on the floor Ray?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rayel shudders a little.

"They aren't really the real ones, but... those are supposed to be markings to restore life to the unliving," she says carefully and almost over-precisely. "This isn't a proper ritual space though, he did it all wrong..."

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen frowns looking up at the skeleton, twisted in what must have been a very painful position before his death, "Only those with a strong connection to the Gods should attempt such a thing. I have no sympathy for this man - his end seems just."

Rhun

First Post
Rexy remains quiet as the more mystical among the group talk about the ritual. She didn't like to think about such magics. She instead focused on staying alert, keeping her eyes open for danger.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dacen unfurls the two parchment rolls carefully. They appear to be scroll of some type, but as evidenced by the inept arcane markings on the floor, who knows if they're legitimate or not?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Maybe I could make heads or tails of those, Dacen" Rayel says, taking a deep breath to fortify herself. She goes and joins Dacen in looking at the various papers and bits on the bench, seeing if any of them are legitimate or potent still. I can use this knowledge I earned... I need to.

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Isida Kep'Tukari]I know this is a silly question to ask considering the ramifications it may have, but I'm going to ask it anyway: Would Rayel have walked around the useless pentagram, as did Dacen, or walked right through it since she's convinces of its uselessness?[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
DM: [sblock]Belief, as Rayel well knows, can have an amazing effect on a person. Even if you don't know what you're doing, belief can sometimes force things through. Rayel will skirt the edge of the pentagram. Though probably she thinks they should destroy it at some point... just so no one else accidentally falls into it.[/sblock]

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen nods and shifts aside to let Ray look at the papers, then looks back at Rexy. "Maybe. Half a moment longer."

He then looks back to Ray and offers a smile, "Glad you're here Ray. I wouldn't be able to figure any of this out."

Remove ads