IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, a long standing favorite of mine too. Going back to my earliest days of 1e. I'll delve deep into the books and see if I can find a way to make the concept work.
Scotley, I have an idea to make your Brutal Rogue work -- just spend a feat to take a martial weapon proficiency in whatever death-dealing hunk o' steel you choose. Easy peasy roguish squeezy.

Scotley

Hero
Scotley, I have an idea to make your Brutal Rogue work -- just spend a feat to take a martial weapon proficiency in whatever death-dealing hunk o' steel you choose. Easy peasy roguish squeezy.

My first thought too, but all the juicy rogue powers specifically say that they require a light blade or sling to work. So even if I could use the weapons the powers would be useless. I think the approach to take will be to go more fightery and just multiclass to take some Rogue utility powers so he can do locks and traps and such. Gotta figure out if that is possible with the RAW.

Shayuri

First Post
Ah ha! Here it is:

Tunnel Stalker
Prereq: Str 13, Con 13, Dwarf, Rogue
You can use any Rogue Power that requires a Light Blade while wielding an axe, hammer, or pick with one hand. You reduce Sneak Attack damage by one dice when wielding one of these other weapons.

So you'd get your sneak attacks, they'd just be reduced a dice, to compensate for the weapons' superior damage output compared to light blades.

Scotley

Hero
Ah ha! Here it is:

Tunnel Stalker
Prereq: Str 13, Con 13, Dwarf, Rogue
You can use any Rogue Power that requires a Light Blade while wielding an axe, hammer, or pick with one hand. You reduce Sneak Attack damage by one dice when wielding one of these other weapons.

So you'd get your sneak attacks, they'd just be reduced a dice, to compensate for the weapons' superior damage output compared to light blades.

Perfect! Does multiclassing as a Rogue meet the prereq or will I need to be a Rogue as primary class? With this I might well be able to do Rogash as a straight 4e rogue. Gotta dig out Martial power.

Scotley

Hero
Having done a little reading, I don't think multiclassing will be required thanks to the Tunnel Stalker feat. Now if I could only find an equivalent for the mithral breastplate...

Leif

Adventurer
Looks to me like old Uulark will be just fine as a run-of-the-mill 4E cleric. In fact, I might even wind up making him a little bit better?

Leif

Adventurer
So, is it official, IG, that we're starting at L11? I haven't seen anyone specifically say so except DeWar, and we all know what his opinion is worth, hehe. :D

Remove ads