IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

industrygothica

Adventurer
So, is it official, IG, that we're starting at L11? I haven't seen anyone specifically say so except DeWar, and we all know what his opinion is worth, hehe. :D

Yes, level 11. Now there are all kinds of new nasties that I can use. I just have to come up with a story to put them in.. :erm:

renau1g

First Post
Having done a little reading, I don't think multiclassing will be required thanks to the Tunnel Stalker feat. Now if I could only find an equivalent for the mithral breastplate...

Well if you spend a feat to get chainmail armor you can buy Mithral Armor (or 2 feats to get Scale armor, no check penalty that way). You wouldn't be slowed obviously as you're a dwarf, but you can end with just as good an AC as scale with Hide armor as well (although Hide also has a check penalty).

The Mithral enchantment lets you 1/day halve the damage from a melee or ranged attack.

Edit: One other thing to note, Martial Power 2 will likely be out by the time this campaign switches over and will include a new rogue build (preview comes out Jan. 25 of it), maybe it could work for your PC as well?

Scotley

Hero
Well if you spend a feat to get chainmail armor you can buy Mithral Armor (or 2 feats to get Scale armor, no check penalty that way). You wouldn't be slowed obviously as you're a dwarf, but you can end with just as good an AC as scale with Hide armor as well (although Hide also has a check penalty).

The Mithral enchantment lets you 1/day halve the damage from a melee or ranged attack.

Edit: One other thing to note, Martial Power 2 will likely be out by the time this campaign switches over and will include a new rogue build (preview comes out Jan. 25 of it), maybe it could work for your PC as well?

By taking out the medium armor category they've really limited options. With heavy armor I would lose dex. bonus and I expect that to be pretty substantial. In the interests of maintaining the style of the 3.5 character maybe I can talk IG into letting him use hide stats and call it a breastplate?

I shall be eagerly awaiting Martial Power 2!

Leif

Adventurer
Hey, Scotley, one more idea for you to consider: a RAPIER is a light blade, does d8 damage and has a +3 proficiency bonus to hit. So, again, one feat spent on a weapon proficiency makes a rogue a force to be reckoned with in melee. Still leaves you with the whole armor issue, though....

Scotley

Hero
I had not considered the Rapier. Is that a superior weapon? I guess I'm really just trying to make the 4e version as true to the 3.5 version as possible. I'm willing to take a suboptimal build to keep him true. I think with that Tunnel Stalker feat and a weapon feat I can use the axe and be happy.

How's the Cleric coming? I'm playing a 4e cleric in Voda Vosa's game. They kick ass.

renau1g

First Post
By taking out the medium armor category they've really limited options. With heavy armor I would lose dex. bonus and I expect that to be pretty substantial. In the interests of maintaining the style of the 3.5 character maybe I can talk IG into letting him use hide stats and call it a breastplate?

I shall be eagerly awaiting Martial Power 2!

Just an FYI, I messed around with the CB earlier today when I was looking into it. Assuming you start with 17 Dex and bump it up at 4 & 8 (incl the level 11 bump to all stats) you'll have 20 dex at level 11. +2 Mithral chainmail would give you 24 AC, +2 Mithral Scale is 25, +2 [any] Hide gives you 25. Not that big of a difference, but it's there FWIW. Both chain and hide cost a feat (hide's got a better return though).

renau1g

First Post
Yeah I can't wait to see you sneak attack with the waraxe ;). The bump in damage is well worth dropping 1d6 sneak attack...*thank Moradin for Dwarven Weapon Training ;)*

Remove ads