I'm going to live in Minas Tirith! For Real! (maybe...)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
There's a kickstarter at indiegogo to fund the building of a real life Minas Tirith in the south of England.

They say they need £1.85 billion to fund it...in a 60 day kickstarter!

As of 1130 EDT, 16 August (Sunday), they have garnered £74,847 in 16 days.

They have some fun perks available, including the title of Lord/Lady of Minas Tirith for a £100,000 donation (500 of these perks available - all are still available:D).

So all I need is to be mega-rich and donate £1.8499 billion to make this a reality. Though if I donated that much, I'd want more than just the title of a Lord of Minas Tirith.

Steward of Gondor would be adequate...:p

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...-tirith#/story

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...175442119.html

lkz26jhrfekub0ze5ftt.jpg

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The funniest thing isn't an indiegogo for £1.85 billion (nearly three billion dollars), but that they think a *walled* city has opportunity for sustainable growth. :p

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
They could always expand outside the walls and call it the Pelennor Fields district. (If it isn't already earmarked as a car park...:erm:)

They could eventually build suburbs. Osgiliath could be the first one.

They're going to have to clean up the River Walk area though...:)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
The $100,000 option looks neat, though apparently it only gives you PRIORITY on buying a place to live and isn't actually buying you a place to live! I bet if they rolled in the buying price into the cost [even if they increased the cost], maybe SOMEONE would actually purchase it!

Janx

Hero
The $100,000 option looks neat, though apparently it only gives you PRIORITY on buying a place to live and isn't actually buying you a place to live! I bet if they rolled in the buying price into the cost [even if they increased the cost], maybe SOMEONE would actually purchase it!

I noticed that as well. Spending that much money for the right to visit a town as a tourist any time you want seems like a waste.

It'd be cheaper to buy a ticket for the one time you go visit.

Thus, for $100K, I better be getting some property for my investment.

MarkB

Legend
I noticed that as well. Spending that much money for the right to visit a town as a tourist any time you want seems like a waste.

It'd be cheaper to buy a ticket for the one time you go visit.

Thus, for $100K, I better be getting some property for my investment.

If half their funding consisted of £100,000 donations, they'd have to provide 9,000 private properties on-site. Not impossible I guess, if the thing really is full size, but you'd be talking about granite-faced apartment blocks, not houses, and it wouldn't leave much room for the tourist attractions.

Remove ads