I'm going to live in Minas Tirith! For Real! (maybe...)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Is that one of those campaign they get to keep the money even if didn't reach its funding goal? Indiegogo works like that, I believe.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Elf Elf Song-Blade sez:

"I'm going to Minas Tirith, Tirith, Tirith
I'm going to Minas Tirith...hmm, I don't think so
I'm going to Minas Tirith, Tirith, Tirith
I'm going to Minas Tirith...I don't think so"

Ryujin

Legend
If half their funding consisted of £100,000 donations, they'd have to provide 9,000 private properties on-site. Not impossible I guess, if the thing really is full size, but you'd be talking about granite-faced apartment blocks, not houses, and it wouldn't leave much room for the tourist attractions.

When you realize that half that number are for spaces in "The Houses of the Dead", it becomes far more reasonable.

What's the commute from Rohan like?

Well, between the traffic, the congestion fees, and the stabling, I think you're better off selling the horse and just renting a place in town. I mean, let's face it, only the 1% can afford one of the Mearas in order to keep the commuting times reasonable, anyway.

Now, if they even get the Fell Beast communter line up and running between Osgiliath and Minas Morgul, I might be able to get a place down by the river and still keep my job in the Citadel.

Dog Moon

Adventurer

Hmmmm, there's a very big price difference between those two. Wonder which is more accurate. $1 million or $1.9 BILLION?

Anyway, now we need to start another campaign... "Strike first, attack Saurans army before it's ready to attack Minas Tirith. The best defense is the best offense!"

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch

That's too funny!

I could see the money being used to either interfere with purchase of the land site (the 1 million pound project), or just buy the land site outright to keep the project from even being built - instead of, you know, any actual killing.

I'm betting it's being orchestrated by Donald Trump the Dark Lord himself.;)

*The real-estate mogul side of Donald Trump - not the Presidential Candidate side of Donald Trump. No political commentary intended.:uhoh:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
About 41% through the kickstarter period, and the project is 0.0045% funded.

Not looking good for the Age of Man.

There is a little light on the horizon, though it may be false hope. The two kickstarters attempting to stop Minas Tirith have only acquired pledges of £22 and £50. It looks like the forces of Mordor are counting on the ambivalence of Man to usher in the Time of the Orc.;)

Remove ads