• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm looking for "war stories"...

Dr Awkward

First Post
I've got an idea for something I've been wanting to add to The Escapist for some time now: War Stories.

This would be a collection of anecdotes from people who have encountered some form of negativity towards gaming, and neutralized it or even turned it into a positive.

A good example would be a story I got from Phosphor Rose, who began to have a problem with people standing in front of the store handing out religious tracts and scaring customers away. So, Rose began to offer discounts to customers who brought in a tract, and bigger discounts to those who managed to bring in several different ones.

I'd like more of these - the kind of stories that can inspire others to do the same. The focus here is neutralizing a negative, or at best, turning it into a positive, rather than making it worse. (Yes, that means that stories that end with "So we told 'em we were worshipping the Devil! Hur hur hur!" will be rejected.)

If you've got such stories, I'd love to hear them and post them on the page. You can post them in this thread, PM me, or send them to waltonwj AT aol DOT com. Remember that any stories you share will be posted to the site, unless you specify otherwise. Please let me know what name or handle you would like attached to your story - or if you'd like to remain anonymous. Also, if a game store is involved, include a plug if you wish!

- DocAwk

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
:) Welcome to the boards! :)

Is this the tireless William Walton, Defender of Gamers Everywhere?

If so, doubly welcome! :)

(I'll try to come up with a story or two for you. Thanks for your efforts on everyone's behalf!)

Dr Awkward

First Post
Mark said:
Is this the tireless William Walton, Defender of Gamers Everywhere?
If so, doubly welcome! :)

Heh. Yeah, that's me. I chuckle because I've been fighting off pneumonia for the last two weeks - so "tireless" isn't quite the word for me right now. Still, the kind words are always appreciated. Thanks!

- DocAwk

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads