• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I'm not saying it's just an easy caravan guard job, but... (LMoP) (IC)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Kel smiles at Henry, "What can you make out? The trail seems fairly obvious but I wouldn't mind a second set of eyes looking it over."

[roll0]

Idunn

First Post
[roll0] Perception

Idun claps the oxen lightly, speaking up so the others can hear her before they take off. "Before you rush on! We still did not make plans for the cart. I agree we must hurry and follow the goblins, but.. should we bring the cart along? A fair distance behind those who scout ahead, but within shouting distance? Or is it better to hide it?"

Giving a last, light stroke behind the oxen's ear, Idun makes her way to the others; "Any other alternatives? We clearly can't just leave the cart here. Tasty oxen for the wildlife and.. tasty dwarven snacks, for all the lunatics seeking stomach aches."

Lana

First Post
I say we leave the caravan within shout distance in case they attack it or in case the trackers need help, I'll guard the caravan with Idun.

While two oxen are not the sort of prey a small wolf pack likes to contemplate, there are other predators prowling the bushes, as recent events, and discoveries, make clear. The underbrush is light enough, and the trees thick enough that you could conceal the cart off the path. Taking two oxen and a large cart down a trail meant for goblin raiders would not be easy. Although, again, given the general lack of underbrush, it is possible. On the other hand, the possibility of bandits, monsters, or packs of ordinary (or not so ordinary) animals looms. As a final note, six goblins probably wouldn't want to drag a dwarf and a human for very long.

Certainly, the whole assemble can't be left sitting in the middle of the road. For one thing, the oxen would have nothing to eat.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I'm more comfortable at sea," says Overton Henry. "I've not dealt with such things before, but I suggest either we try to lead the cart animals down the trail, or we unbind them so at least they can graze. Do any of us have experience with such things?"

Skarsgard

Explorer
"You a sailor Overton?" Kel asks as he gets up on the wagon, ready to move it off the road.

[sblock=OOC] Kel has proficiency Vehicles (land) and Animal Handling +2, I'll roll for both in case it is pertinent.

[roll0]
[roll=animalhandling]1d20+2[/roll]

[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I have been many things," Overton says as he helps guide the wagon off the road, but is impressed at the confident control Kel exhibits. It's clear his help is not needed. "And a sailor is one of them. But now my services are hired for other ends, and I am not over proud. I took this job because I needed it."

Remove ads