• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about The Strange.

ibkevg

First Post
I've been reading The Strange corebook lately and am really excited to give it a try. I love the rules-light approach and story telling focus of the cypher system. My kids are really into YA young adult fiction (such as Divergent, Hunger Games and Maze Runner to name a few that are well known) but haven't got the slightest bit of interest in Lord of the Rings type medieval settings or Star Wars type settings either (try as I might!) So, I'm optimistic that The Strange will let us have some fun adventures similar to the stories they enjoy reading.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Running a "Amber-ish" game in it at this time. Been working well.

As said, it is a niche game and as with all niche games, it is kind of hard getting players for it. Most want to play what they know, Pathfinder, D&D and such. In relation to this was the release of 5E, which everyone wants to try.

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I bought the core rulebook and really like it. Unfortunately, I don't have time in my schedule to run a campaign in it. I'm running a Pathfinder game twice a month and playing in another rules-free story game.

I actually like the concept of The Strange better than Numenera.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads