D&D 5E Immortal Mystic

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I understand you, I just didn't planned a good immortal option in that version yet. I think that line is funny, because until immortal reach level 14, he is way easier to kill than other options. But good luck.
Human v yo get medium armored feat could make you way less mortal, don't stat in melee too. And don't waste your discipline with celerity.

Other option for medium armor is to play a Mountain Dwarf. The +2 STR/+2 CON can be used, as well as the weapon proficiencies. And who doesn't like darkvision.

Blue

Mentioning Mountain Dwarf in another comment got me thinking that there's some good racial ideas out there that can help in terms of armor and/or weapons.

Mountain Dwarf is +2 STR/+2 CON, has some martial weapon profs, and medium armor prof.

High Elf is +1 INT/+2 DEX, grants some martial weapon including finessable short swords as well as bows, and gets an INT-based cantrip that can be Booming Blade or Green Flame Blade. (Other elves also have weapons, but +1 INT and an attack cantrip seems like the winner. If using the SCAG variants, helf-elves can also pick up elven weapon training.)

Hmm, makes you wonder why half-orcs don't know how to use weapons.

Several Volo's Guide and UA races have claw/bite weapons, with the Minotaur taking the cake with d10 horns (so both hands are free) and can be +1 STR/+1 INT.

Hobgoblins from Volo's have +2 CON/+1 INT and martial training with two martial weapons of choice. Choice is nice, gives you options for STR or DEX depending on which way you want to build. With the +2 CON I'd probably go finesse, because a good DEX and CON make Immortal Durability work well.

I think all of these can make credible single-classed Immortals. (This becomes less important if multiclassing, but the OP specified single-class.)

TheBob427

Explorer
I have considered Mountain Dwarf, which could end up with 14, 14, 15, 15, 10, 8, and the high elf is appealing, with the possibility for 13, 14, 14, 16, 10, 8 as well as the cantrip, but I feel inclined to stick with the 12, 13, 16, 16, 10, 8: keeps DC high as well as HP, and has decent strength and dexterity, plus thematically I really like the idea of this tiny unarmoured unarmed gnome that is surprisingly durable and can throw things around with his mind and make wolverine claws.

Which Disciplines/Talents would you recommend, in order. I'm going to start with Bestial Form for the claws and AC bonus, Iron Durability for focus AC bonus as well as AC reaction bonus, and Telepathic Contact for thematic reasons (see http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?538822-Backstory-Critique if you're interested). Next after that I'm thinking Force Mastery for Unarmoured AC as well as traditional psionic powers. After that I'm planning to mostly stay with Immortal Disciplines, but I'm not quite sure what order, what are your thoughts?

Blue

One last thing - if you are looking for four good ability scores, then standard human may not be the worst idea either.

Remove ads