• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortal

Empirate

First Post
There's at least two spells in FR supplements that could help you out. One is in Champions of Ruin and basically sucks the lifeforce from other beings (which are instantly slain) while making you younger in the process. The other is a spell (in Lost Empires of Faerun?) that permanently turns the target into a half-fiend, complete with all abilities, LA, and most importantly, type change. Costs a truckload of XP to cast, though.

I also believe the most broken spell ever, I am of course speaking about Polymorph Any Object, can do what you want. As it can usually do whatever you happen to want.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You know, 2E's DMGR7 The Complete Book of Necromancers has a section where it talks about how a wizard can use magic to extend their life. If I recall correctly, it notes that a (properly-worded) limited wish can add a few centuries or more to their life, and that a full-on wish can grant life for over a millenium.

Jacob

Explorer
Godhood was how I accomplished the immortality of one of my NPCs, via a specific deific role giving them Divine Rank 0. Not a god, but has plenty of perks such as high Spell Resistance, maximized HP, and...immortality. On how not to get these Divine Ranks without DM fashioned scenarios, there's always the option of becoming a Proxy. ;)

Become an Elan. (from the Expanded Psionics handbook) The only drawback is that you get reset to 1st level, essentially turning you into a new character, but hey, you now have eternity to build up experience again.
While it would involve plenty of trickery (the Elan are likely protective of how it is they transform others into another being), there's always the option of storing all of your memories/experiences into some item in order to be found later. I'm certain any powerful psionic (the ruleset Elan is made for) could accomplish this. Immortality through one's continually stored memories...hmmm... ;)

nijineko

Explorer
Godhood was how I accomplished the immortality of one of my NPCs, via a specific deific role giving them Divine Rank 0. Not a god, but has plenty of perks such as high Spell Resistance, maximized HP, and...immortality. On how not to get these Divine Ranks without DM fashioned scenarios, there's always the option of becoming a Proxy. ;)

While it would involve plenty of trickery (the Elan are likely protective of how it is they transform others into another being), there's always the option of storing all of your memories/experiences into some item in order to be found later. I'm certain any powerful psionic (the ruleset Elan is made for) could accomplish this. Immortality through one's continually stored memories...hmmm... ;)

As far as DivR 0 goes, not to mention higher, there is always the tried and true method used by Zagyg...

Elan transformation depends on setting. For example in FR, they are the living prisons for punished outsiders, while in other settings it is a ritual that transforms a human into one. and there already is a power which allows one to store their personality in a crystal. there is still the issue of gaining DivR. ^^

Remove ads