Immortals Handbook (aka The Worship Points System)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lord Talos mate! :)

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Hi Upper Krust! I have been thinkning how to treat Avatars if Deities and Demigods goes with this crap that they are the same as original Gods, only their Divine Rank is two times lower. I would personally go with Avatar`s stats being same as deity besides: Divine Rank 1/3rd of those of the Deity, and no outsider hit dice. This way Avatar OF Hermes( powerful Intermediate Deity) would be equal to Heracles( powerful Demigod).

Not to worry I already have Avatars sorted (pending a closer inspection of D&Dg).

Avatar Divine Rank must be a subtraction - not a division.

Hit Dice also needs some attention. The problem with simply removing the Outsider 20HD is that some deities don't have that Hit Dice: Hercules; Vecna etc.

I must admit, the more I learn about D&Dg the more I am disappointed! Even if you ignore the fact that the deities don't use Epic Levels (I always advocated the Epic Rules being released first!) some of the level decisions are questionable at best!

Kurtulmak has virtual parity with Odin! (equal levels, and more hp!)
Iuz has virtual parity with Nerull! (equal levels)

To paraphrase 'Ripley' in the film Aliens:

"Did IQs drop sharply while I was away!?"

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Upper_Krust said:

Damn those kobold-loving Iuz-zites!! :)

I can just about see the reasoning behind Kurtulmak/Odin, but Iuz/Nerull makes no sense at all. Iuz is the deity Greyhawkers are most likely to have to face mano-a-mano; a minor demigod only a couple of hundred years old. Nerull is Death (of the world of Oerth)! What the hell were they thinking?

Hi Simon! :)

S'mon said:
Damn those kobold-loving Iuz-zites!! :)

I can just about see the reasoning behind Kurtulmak/Odin, but Iuz/Nerull makes no sense at all. Iuz is the deity Greyhawkers are most likely to have to face mano-a-mano; a minor demigod only a couple of hundred years old. Nerull is Death (of the world of Oerth)! What the hell were they thinking?

Obviously the first line of WotC defense is going to be "but Iuz only has Divine Rank 3 and Nerull has Divine Rank 17!" But you would have thought they could have done a better job with the levels; even sticking to the annoying 20th-level single class limit:

For instance...

Nerull
Hit Dice 20
Necromancer 20
Cleric 20
Rogue 5
Assassin 10

Boccob
Hit Dice 20
Wizard 20
Sorceror 20
Cleric 15

Odin
Hit Dice 20
Wizard 20
Ranger 20
Druid 10
Cleric 10

Was that so difficult WotC!?!? :mad:

...sometimes when you want something done right you have to do it yourself! :rolleyes:

Re: The Tomfoolery of Professor Doneerson

Hi Bjorn matey! :D

Are you trying to sneak this post in without me knowing!? ;)

Bjorn Doneerson said:
Sorry I'm late. There was trouble at the lab with the running and the screaming and the crying when the monkeys stole the glasses right of my head.

Now I'll go back and see if I can find anything to complain about.

Where have you been hiding!?

Hope you are keeping well!?

I take it you saw the post about Thors strength 92 in Deities & Demigods!?

Impeesa

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:

I must admit, the more I learn about D&Dg the more I am disappointed! Even if you ignore the fact that the deities don't use Epic Levels (I always advocated the Epic Rules being released first!) some of the level decisions are questionable at best!

To paraphrase 'Ripley' in the film Aliens:

"Did IQs drop sharply while I was away!?"

And this is why I don't really intend to use much from D&Dg, and eagerly await *your* interpretations. Don't feel too pressured to make them compatible with D&Dg if it turns out to be as bad as you think. :)

--Impeesa--

Hi Impeesa mate! :)

Impeesa said:
And this is why I don't really intend to use much from D&Dg, and eagerly await *your* interpretations.

Don't worry, I only plan to use the best bits from D&Dg! ;)

Impeesa said:
Don't feel too pressured to make them compatible with D&Dg if it turns out to be as bad as you think. :)

After seeing disappointing Nerull and Odin descriptions (pending my getting hold of the book obviously) I may slide Thanatos and Wotan into the work! Show them how it should have been done! ;)

Bjorn Doneerson

First Post
Under your nose? Of course not. To Thor's strength "Booyeah!" Any Yankees seen DDG yet? Krusty, do you plan to keep doing your gods your way with ability scores and stuff? Krusty, Ever played the PC game Black and White? If not, you should it's awesome. I'm a ramblin man. R-a-m-b-l-i-n Oh yes Oh yes Oh yes Oh yes Oh Noooo!

Anubis

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
As Simon mentions you would be best chatting to other authors - obviously you're not the first to be scammed; they will be able to advise you as to reputable publishers and if its possible to take any action against GHT (though I doubt this last part).

But what he did was illegal. Fraud is a felony, and he lied to me by telling me he was the only agent that didn't charge reading fees, and that all agents charged the deposit for expenses. (Both of those statements are OUTRIGHT LIES.) That is fraud.

Why he hasn't been caught already is beyond me. He's breaking the law!

Hi Bjorn mate! :)

Bjorn Doneerson said:
Under your nose? Of course not.

Glad to hear it! ;)

Bjorn Doneerson said:
To Thor's strength "Booyeah!"

Strength 92 is good, I hope a few others have such scores!?

Bjorn Doneerson said:
Any Yankees seen DDG yet?

I am sure a few with contacts inside WotC have it already.

Bjorn Doneerson said:
Krusty, do you plan to keep doing your gods your way with ability scores and stuff?

No mate. They will be derived to correspond with D&Dg (virtually*) 100%

*I reserve the right to change any of their mechanics or philosophy I would destroy in an argument...Avatars for example will certainly be changed! Uber-deities will also be explained and fleshed out.

Bjorn Doneerson said:
Krusty, Ever played the PC game Black and White? If not, you should it's awesome.

Yes, but not extensively. I have pretty much every PC game at my disposal, haven't played a game in 2 months (and that was only a quick blast online at Kingpin) and don't think I have really played a game in 6 months...been busy with something. ;)

Bjorn Doneerson said:
I'm a ramblin man. R-a-m-b-l-i-n Oh yes Oh yes Oh yes Oh yes Oh Noooo!

Keep a ramblin. :D

Hi Anubis mate!

Anubis said:
But what he did was illegal. Fraud is a felony, and he lied to me by telling me he was the only agent that didn't charge reading fees, and that all agents charged the deposit for expenses. (Both of those statements are OUTRIGHT LIES.) That is fraud.

Again this is more Simons field of expertise.

Do you have his statements in writing, or on email?

I'm not exactly sure how you should proceed; perhaps other authors who have suffered the same fate can advise you on a course of action!?

Anubis said:
Why he hasn't been caught already is beyond me. He's breaking the law!

Obviously hes useful at covering his tracks, probably with a lot of sophistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads