Immortals Handbook - Chronicle (Adventures, Campaigns Discussion)

Omeganian

Explorer
But Really, think about it.

First, there was the puny Epic Dragon. Then, came the capable Adamic Dragon. Then, the mighty Nehashimic Dragons were revealed.

And now, there come the creatures from far beyond the unknown. The Ultimates. The star sized Muhlatimic Dragons. Laying their world sized eggs in the vicinity of stars, and then waiting for 5 billion years before they hatch, defending them from both real and imagined danger.

With breath a quintillion warp portals, scattering the atoms of their foes across hundreds of dimensions, times - and beyond. With wisdom gathered across thousands of universes and trillions of years. A hunger which drains quasars. A curiosity which makes them twist Big Bangs into braids.

Hey Omeganian dude! :)

Omeganian said:
But Really, think about it.

First, there was the puny Epic Dragon. Then, came the capable Adamic Dragon. Then, the mighty Nehashimic Dragons were revealed.

And now, there come the creatures from far beyond the unknown. The Ultimates. The star sized Muhlatimic Dragons. Laying their world sized eggs in the vicinity of stars, and then waiting for 5 billion years before they hatch, defending them from both real and imagined danger.

With breath a quintillion warp portals, scattering the atoms of their foes across hundreds of dimensions, times - and beyond. With wisdom gathered across thousands of universes and trillions of years. A hunger which drains quasars. A curiosity which makes them twist Big Bangs into braids.

I'd buy it! :cool:

After rewatching the Godfather trilogy, I just thought of a weird and very off-beat organization idea: a galactic cosa nostra, a cosmic crime racket that goes from planet to planet extorting quintessence from various pantheons. It has Intermediate Deity-level footsoldiers, Greater Deity-level caporegimes, and an Elder One-level don. (They need to be powerful so that they can extort multiple pantheons on multiple planets at once, and their power could be justified by them empowering themselves with the stolen quintessence). They often get into conflicts with the Empyreans, but the cosmic police force can simply never seem to put a complete end to these galactic mobsters.

Sorry, it's just that the mental image of a mobster deity in a three-piece-suit and fedora hat walking up to a pantheon head, patting his back, and saying, "This is a tough galaxy, pal. You could use some *ahem* protection," cracks me up.

Hiya mate! :)

Adslahnit said:
After rewatching the Godfather trilogy, I just thought of a weird and very off-beat organization idea: a galactic cosa nostra, a cosmic crime racket that goes from planet to planet extorting quintessence from various pantheons. It has Intermediate Deity-level footsoldiers, Greater Deity-level caporegimes, and an Elder One-level don. (They need to be powerful so that they can extort multiple pantheons on multiple planets at once, and their power could be justified by them empowering themselves with the stolen quintessence). They often get into conflicts with the Empyreans, but the cosmic police force can simply never seem to put a complete end to these galactic mobsters.

Sorry, it's just that the mental image of a mobster deity in a three-piece-suit and fedora hat walking up to a pantheon head, patting his back, and saying, "This is a tough galaxy, pal. You could use some *ahem* protection," cracks me up.

I sort of have that "The Brotherhood of Shadows", its the Rogue-dominant, Evil-aligned, immortal organisation with an elemental agenda.

As opposed to "The Illuminati", a Cleric-dominant, Good-aligned immortal organisation with a spiritual agenda.

Then you have the Legion of the Damned, the Suicidium, the Ivory Tower, and one other whose name escapes me for the moment. :\

Omeganian

Explorer
Adslahnit said:
That's an interesting word. Why "muhlatimic", exactly? For that matter, I'd like to ask U_K about the origins of the words "neotic", "adamic", and "nehaschimic" as well.

From the Hebrew word "Muhlat" - Absolute/Ultimate. "Nehaschimic" is from "Serpent".

BTW, why "Amidah"? The way U_K pictured that vampire, it's not exactly the Buddha of compassion, and the Hebrew word is not very fitting for the term.

Last edited:

Remove ads