Immortals Handbook - Godsend

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
If it's not too presumptuous of me, I wanted to start a new thread for this. For those who don't know, this is the blurb about this book from U_K's website.

August 2008: Immortals Handbook: Godsend (3/3.5 Edition) - My farewell to 3.5, will include the gods part of of the previously titled Gods & Monsters, Version 6 of the CR/EL document, some new monsters from me as well as all the Design an Epic Monster Competition winners, will also likely include elements planned for Grimoire and Chronicle such as dimensional magic rules, new artifacts and divine realm encounter creator.

So far it looks like there'll be some good stuff in there. Apparently it'll be light on the monsters though; I was hoping more from G&M and the next few Epic Bestiaries would be able to make it in there. That said, I really can't wait to see guys like Abraxas and Tetragrammaton.

U_K, while I know it may seem redundant, I think it'd be worthwhile to also put the 3.5 "freebies" material from your website in the book also - clearly not all of it, but things like the new monsters, the listing for neutronium items, etc. It'd be handy as a reference (since it's not always convenient to log onto the web to find something), and it'd bring that material to a wider audience.

Either way, I can't wait to see the book, hopefully soon (yeah, I'm an optimist ;))!

Last edited:

Alzrius said:
If it's not too presumptuous of me, I wanted to start a new thread for this. For those who don't know, this is the blurb about this book from U_K's website.

Thanks Alzrius mate - should have thought of that myself. The Ascension thread is getting a bit unwieldy as is the 4E thread.

So far it looks like there'll be some good stuff in there. Apparently it'll be light on the monsters though; I was hoping more from G&M and the next few Epic Bestiaries would be able to make it in there. That said, I really can't wait to see guys like Abraxas and Tetragrammaton.

Well it'll have all the competition entries. I suppose it will be a bit light on new 3.5 monsters from me. :eek:

Although I still say converting from 3 to 4 and vice versa is pretty easy, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

U_K, while I know it may seem redundant, I think it'd be worthwhile to also put the 3.5 "freebies" material from your website in the book also - clearly not all of it, but things like the new monsters, the listing for neutronium items, etc. It'd be handy as a reference (since it's not always convenient to log onto the web to find something), and it'd bring that material to a wider audience.

Great idea! :)

Either way, I can't wait to see the book, hopefully soon (yeah, I'm an optimist ;))!

I'm hoping August or worst case scenario September.

I have 3 weeks holidays in August (one week of that may be spent visiting London and attending the Gencon UK). I may also take one months unpaid leave (either September or October) and give things a bit of a jumpstart.

I am going to guess straight-to-pdf. Mongoose may (I am not sure) want to switch to 4E, and beginning a print run in September or October of a 3E book likely would interfere with that. (Although I don't know the details of who exactly must comply with the 4E GSL '3E kill clause', I would assume it would apply to Mongoose in this case.)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The question of Mongoose possibly releasing the book as a Flaming Cobra imprint is an interesting one. Simply put, if Mongoose retains any sort of right to print copies, how would that intersect with Eternity Publishing putting out GSL products, and so having to terminate OGL product lines? It could be interesting if Mongoose wants to keep printing the Epic Bestiary.

And of course, U_K, I'll still lay on the editing for Godsend! Someone has to keep you honest! ;)

Hey there Reveille! :)

Reveille said:
Will this be straight to pdf, or will it be another hardback under the Flaming Cobra imprint?

At this juncture its hard to say exactly what will happen with Godsend and the 3.5 Ascension print versions (although I can assure you its more or less up to me what happens).

It sort of depends on how quickly or slowly I think I can have the 4E stuff ready. If I have Godsend and Ascension 3.5 finished in August (?) then we had a print release in September (I'm speculating - in case thats not obvious), then I think Mongoose would probably want at least a 4-6 month window of sales to get the most out of it. Which would mean no 4E stuff from me before at least 1st January 2009 (which to be fair is a date I might have trouble making anyway - this being me).

mercucio said:
I'm glad to see this is coming out because you'll be losing me as a customer with the switch to 4.

Well I'm sorry to hear that Mercucio mate, no hard feelings on my part. It was always my intention to do both (converting 4E Material to 3E) but with that option stripped from me I have to make a choice based on what I think is the best way forward and as far as I can see, that means 4th Edition.

I regret that means leaving some of you behind (although I still maintain converting from one system to the other is relatively straightforward).

The excess baggage attached to 3E has just gradually wore me down.

Belzamus

First Post
While I'm immensely grateful for Godsend, and for you giving the consideration to your 3ed fans to even do that much, I think I'll still be purchasing your products, U_K. If converting back to 3.5 is as easy as you say it is then I'll happily do so to use them in my 3.5 games. Or, who knows, maybe you'll be able to make me actually like 4.0. I mean, I would imagine that the 4.0 stats would at least give the coneptual ideas of the monsters' abilities, which could be transferred into 3.5 easily enough. Combined with the flavor, it shouldn't be too hard to extrapolate the rest, especially considering your CR conversion table. (If only to get a ballpark of the monster's level)

Particleman

First Post
Howdy UK.

This will be my first post on these forums as I've been a long time fan and, indeed, customer. I have some questions for you and I hope this is the appropriate place for them as the ASCENSION thread seems to have disappeared.

1) I think I basically understand the construction of the divinity templates, however, I was wondering, how do you intend that ECL is handled when an immortal PC advances from one divine rank to the next? Does the immortal basically lose levels/HD when they advance to a new divine rank?

2) Artifacts. It seems that the artifacts would grow in power as the PC advances, this much I get. But how are they initially created? Does it cost the PC quintessence to do so?

That's all for now. I look forward to GODSEND eagerly; however, I too must list myself among those who will be sad to see you go down the 4e path.

Cheers.

Remove ads