immortals handbook

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
I mean aside from one or two feats you don't really need the Epic Level Handbook to use the Monsters within that book.

See, that's exactly what you should be saying if/when you advertize this product.

People are going to look at this epic monster supplement (people who havent bought the IH and maybe not even the ELH) and think that they need one or even both of them to use this. Put up in there that the monster book stands on its own, and that will boost sales. I feel pretty confident of that.

Hello again mate! :)

Alzrius said:
See, that's exactly what you should be saying if/when you advertize this product.

People are going to look at this epic monster supplement (people who havent bought the IH and maybe not even the ELH) and think that they need one or even both of them to use this. Put up in there that the monster book stands on its own, and that will boost sales. I feel pretty confident of that.

Of course I haven't officially started advertissing the Immortals Handbook yet, but when I do I will make sure its done properly. ;)

Anubis

First Post
If you plan on SELLING a suppliment, you better damn well have more than 40 extra monsters. (Something around 100-200 would be better.) For only 40, you might as well just make it a web enhancement because no will will spend money on something so small.

Impeesa

Explorer
What might be better is a large IH supplement with all the other stuff we want, too - extra pantheons statted, portfolios, monsters, spells and items, all that. :D

--Impeesa--

Hi anubis mate! :)

Anubis said:
If you plan on SELLING a suppliment, you better damn well have more than 40 extra monsters. (Something around 100-200 would be better.) For only 40, you might as well just make it a web enhancement because no will will spend money on something so small.

Umm...

Legions of Hell (64 pages/42 Monsters)
Armies of the Abyss (64 pages/26 Monsters)

Yes I know both those have other facets to their contents.

To be honest I was thinking of about 96 pages/64 Monsters in size.

...and the sequel to the Immortals Handbook is...

Hi Impeesa mate! :)

Impeesa said:
What might be better is a large IH supplement with all the other stuff we want, too - extra pantheons statted, portfolios, monsters, spells and items, all that. :D

I will be covering Pantheons in a follow-up line called the Immortals Index.

It comprises 20 Pantheons each (at least) 64 pages in length featuring gods; heroes; monsters (both epic and non-epic); magic items/artifacts; spells/epic spells; prestige classes; rites, practices and rituals; adventures and relevant locations such as temples and divine realms.

Bjorn Doneerson

First Post
Acchhh!!! At the same time I feel compelled to save money and attempt to buy all the products mentioned... I think I'm about to rob myself blind....I almost resisted too. Right up until the word Qlippoth...Argghh...torn between wanting to kill Krust and shake his hand. Probably wisest to do neither. Self Narration ending....

Anabstercorian

First Post
I have ideas and I have no choice but to share them... >.<

Star Bearer: These Collosal Elementals are created entirely out of the stuff of stars, and as such burn brighter than the fires of the elemental plane. Their very presence can turn forests to ash and irradiate planets, and while on the surface of the sun they can trigger solar flares, sun spots, or even novae.

Apocalypse Warriors: Once there were hundreds of thousands, but they fought amongst themselves until only ten remained. These last few are unstoppable warriors, sworn champions of the Cosmic Powers of Death, beyond even the greatest of deities worshipped by man. Through blade and hate, they purge entire planets of life, leaving only barren rock behind them.

The Juggernaut of Agony: A living being of Giger-esque madness the size of a small mountain, prowling the Plain of Shadows and preying upon the myriad worlds of the universe, sending foul children forth to sow war and torment that create echoes for the mammoth obscenity to feed upon.

Paradoxia: Paradoxia are very strange creatures that exist in causal loops. They were never actually created - They simply travel through time at will, finally returning to the point they started from and repeating the process forever. This grants them enormous insight, as they have literally already fought any battle they are in an infinite number of times, and they also cannot be truly killed - But slaying a paradoxia prevents it from manifesting in the timestream for another ten thousand years. (Inspired by Stephen Baxter's Vacuum Diagrams, which is really awesomely cool.)

Last edited:

Zhnov

First Post
Anabstercorian said:
>.<

Star Bearer
Apocalypse Warriors
The Juggernaut of Agony
Paradoxia

Anabstercorian, ...and I thought my poor players had it rough. :(

Or, are you describing the PCs ?? :D

Anabstercorian

First Post
No, this is the sort of thing I'd throw at my players, if I could find any. Mostly I'm the player myself - Largely because the other gamers around where I live find the idea of a game like that a little silly.

The Apocalypse Warriors are blatant ripoffs of the Saiya-Jin. The Star Bearers are a product of my own creation from the 3rd IR. The Juggernaut of Agony was inspired by www.giger.com.

And here's more.

Iron Elemental - Essentially an earth elemental only more so, the iron elemental is composed entirely out of pure, unpolluted iron, and, given that it's the size of a small house, is virtually invulnerable and has the strength of a small army. It has no great magic power, only raw strength and nearly limitless endurance.

Glasshiv - Tiny psionic constructs about the size of a man's finger, shaped like shards of glass and sharp enough to shave with, glasshivs come in swarms of twenty to forty, fly as elegantly as hummingbirds and with the speed of hawks, and can reduce a man to a skeleton wrapped in pulpy meat within one second when they work together.

Rawzir (RAH-zeer) - These foul sounds echo through the endless howls of pandemonium until they can find prey, upon which they manifest in to a disembodied set of eyes and mouth composed of scintillating sonic force and shred them to pieces.

Remove ads