immortals handbook

Hi all! :)

I'll get to the new thread in a while.

Just wanted to say that my Creature Collections 3 copies arrived this morning! Hooray! :D

My early impression is that my own entries were treated fairly well. I especially liked the Gray Man illustration (by RJT no less!).

The Infernal Sentinel is good; although they seem to have given it a sword instead of the listed 'warsceptre'; which I think would have suited it better. The beast actually reminds me of an old and obscure Mighty Thor foe!

The Mist Murderer reminds me of the Martians from the old sci-fi movie 'Quatermass and the Pit'. I especially like its Inject Eggs ability since that was an ability I had in another entry which didn't quite make it. I could definately see Mist Murderer Swarms in epic/immortal campaigns.

I was a bit disappointed to see the book has no listings by CR or Type though. I think thats a mistake. :(

So far my favourite entries (ie. The ones that have caught my eye) are:

-Asuran Lockwatcher (reminds me of something you would see in Stargate)
-Daemon, Belsameths Watchman (that monster just looks so cool)
-Devil, Shelnizu (quite tough)
-Dirgewood Tree (very spooky)
-Dragon, Fleshwrack (fat dragons)
-Eyedra (you gotta' love it)
-Gatemaster (the illustration anyway)
-Amber Golem (very good idea)
-Bramble Golem (reminds me of many a horror movie)
-Hive Golem (I like bees)
-Spontaneous Golems (specifically the Hoard Golem)
-Phoenix, Black (theres just something cool about this monster)

Lastly was it just my impression or was there a half dozen monsters with six arms in the book...I'll have to look over that.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
The Mist Murderer reminds me of the Martians from the old sci-fi movie 'Quatermass and the Pit'. I especially like its Inject Eggs ability since that was an ability I had in another entry which didn't quite make it. I could definately see Mist Murderer Swarms in epic/immortal campaigns.

:D Thank you!

Remove ads