• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

immortals handbook

Hey Bjorn mate! :)

Bjorn Doneerson said:
So Krust, what are your thoughts on Vajra? I spose its kind of a weapon, but it seems somewhat like an abstract concept sometimes almost. Or maybe I'm crazy, whatever.

Funnily enough I was just thinking about that (indirectly). I recently picked up the DC/Marvel Comics crossover JLA*Avengers. Which (to cut a long story short) involves the two heroic teams trying to find the six most powerful artifacts native to each reality.

'One' of the DC Universe items is the tripartite "Bell, Wheel and Jar". The idea taken from Hindu esoteria. The 'Wheel' in essence inspired by Vajra of course.

Though the DC version probably makes no such homage.

Bjorn Doneerson said:
If it is indeed an item would you have any compulsion to stat it? (vink, vink) :D

I might have something along those lines. :p

Bjorn Doneerson

First Post
I was just reading a website that looked at the kind of esoteric ideas of the vajra. I was trying to watch a show about the life and work of Johnny Cash ( :( ) at the same time, so it may not have all sunk in, but it seemed to be a good article. Then it linked to an article about other thunderbolt-weilding deities, unfortunately I had no time to read that, but I'll try to in the near future. I'll hunt down the web adresses in case anyone wants them, in a day or so.

Hello Upper Krust! Would you help me with a divine character in my campaign? He is an immortal God-Emperor of Karshemish, biggest nation on continent similar to Africa, which is currently threatened by a coalition of so called "Overmasters", seven powerful epic spellcasters resembling The Taken from Black Company series or Forsaken from Wheel of Time( both great books by the way). His name is Sarkhar, and it was him who summoned my players( four characters levels 23-24), to help against Overmasters. He is an ascended Demigod with Divine Rank around 2 or 3, of LN alignment with good tendencies( channeling positive energy), his Portfolios are Sun/Glory and Law/Justice( he is a patron of a very hierarchical society), his Clerics choose Sun/Strenght/ Law as their Domains, and has 25 Cleric levels. So Upper Krust, what Divine powers would he have with your system diffrent than in Deities and Demigods?

Hi all! :)

I don't know how but I seem to have missed these latest replies!? :confused:

Hey Bjorn mate! :)

Bjorn Doneerson said:
I was just reading a website that looked at the kind of esoteric ideas of the vajra.

Some of the Indian mythos really has some pearls of wisdom. They really do go into the philosophy of it spiritualism and mysticism.

Bjorn Doneerson said:
I was trying to watch a show about the life and work of Johnny Cash ( :( ) at the same time,

Sad news indeed.

Bjorn Doneerson said:
so it may not have all sunk in, but it seemed to be a good article. Then it linked to an article about other thunderbolt-weilding deities, unfortunately I had no time to read that, but I'll try to in the near future. I'll hunt down the web adresses in case anyone wants them, in a day or so.

Sure, I'll take a look.

Apologies for the slow reply mate. Dunno how these posts got past me, I really don't. :confused:

Melkor said:
Hello Upper Krust! Would you help me with a divine character in my campaign?

Of course, if I can.

Melkor said:
He is an immortal God-Emperor of Karshemish, biggest nation on continent similar to Africa, which is currently threatened by a coalition of so called "Overmasters", seven powerful epic spellcasters resembling The Taken from Black Company series or Forsaken from Wheel of Time (both great books by the way). His name is Sarkhar, and it was him who summoned my players (four characters levels 23-24), to help against Overmasters. He is an ascended Demigod with Divine Rank around 2 or 3, of LN alignment with good tendencies (channeling positive energy), his Portfolios are Sun/Glory and Law/Justice (he is a patron of a very hierarchical society), his Clerics choose Sun/Strenght/ Law as their Domains, and has 25 Cleric levels. So Upper Krust, what Divine powers would he have with your system diffrent than in Deities and Demigods?

Okay so firstly forget that poncy Divine Rank mumbo-jumbo. Hes a Demigod; that means he gets 6 Divine Gifts (roughly equivalent to the Salient Divine Abilities)...or he could trade five of those for one Cosmic Gift.

I am presuming since his Clerics get the Strength Domain he is something of a 'Warrior Priest' himself right?

I tell you what. I'll let you pick the Divine Gifts. You give me six numbers between 1-130; or one Divine Gift and one Cosmic Gift (pick one number between 1-80) and I will tell you what they are. ;)

I'm only going to do this once mind you and I won't be held responsible if you wind up picking some of the more 'meat and potatoes' Divine Gifts like Regenerator or Shapechanger. :p

Hi Aelryinth! :)

Aelryinth said:
Abnergazer, Rath and Ghast,
Demons out of Eons Past,
Here before me stand you now,
All your powers me Endow!

You had me for a split second there. I don't know my DC Universe as good as my Marvel Universe, I prefer Marvels seeming extra tier of cosmic beings, something that is much rarer in DC.

But I must admit comics like Lucifer; Dr Fate; The Spectre among a few others (any recommendations anyone; the prerequisite is that they must be able to drop Superman like a bag of dirt) are high on my list when I have the funds to splash out.

By the way I love your sig. May I ask where thats taken from?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads