Immortals Index (Pantheons, Mythology Discussion)

paradox42 said:
Bestiary 2 before Chronicle for me. I can live without a discussion of full-on Immortal campaigns for a short while (okay, we know this is U_K we're talking about here, but still...) while using just the adventure ideas from the first two volumes of monsters when I need adventure ideas in this realm. For me it's a question of teasers, I suppose- he's been teasing us for months with mentions of the beasts that are coming in the second volume, like the Bi-Sects and other Entities, the Lipika, and several others, and I want payoff. :) There's also the fact that by the time Bestiary Volume 2 comes, we'll have the full rules for Ascension and Grimoire ready to use, so between the expected adventure ideas coming with the new monsters and everything in those two rulebooks, we should have plenty of adventure ideas to spark the imagination.

I expect it will take some time to transition a game from a simple Epic-level mortal one to a full-on Immortal game anyway, so in my case there's time for waiting.

Naturally, that's just me, others may agree or disagree as they choose.
Seconded.

Hiya Shadowninja mate! :)

ShadowNinja said:
Behemoth, Bahamut, Tiamat, Ladon, Typhon, Cerberus, Nemean Lion...Ohoo so many good ideas. ;)

Well I was thinking, that for the Greco-Roman Pantheon you would have:

Kronos - Pantheon Destroyer...only Kronos would be an Elder One, with the other titans being mere Greater Gods.
Typhon - Cosmic Afterbirth
Echidna - God-Slayer...her offspring are sort of mini-god-slayers

Hey there Omeganian! :)

...and welcome to the boards!

Sorry for taking a day or two to reply, been a tad busy. ;)

Omeganian said:
And where does Sun Wukong fit here?

Well, hes a very tricky customer to pin down, but if I had to stick my neck out at this point I would say he was a powerful Intermediate God.

Howdy Pssthpok matey! :)

Pssthpok said:
What do you mean by pantheon destroyer, cosmic afterbirth (really lost on this one), and god-slayer?

Every action creates an equal and opposite reaction.

When a Pantheon is created (brought together, or otherwise instigated) cosmic balance creates an opposing force with an alignment opposite to the Pantheons supreme deity.

This manifests as a number of beings.

Around which the Pantheons ultimate destiny rests.

These manifest as Cosmic Child (usually an Elder One), Cosmic Umbilical (usually a Dragon) and Cosmic Afterbirth (something monstrous).

...and yes I got the Cosmic Afterbirth mixed up last time. :eek:

Such themes are present in most mythologies - I just gave them a bit of an underlying cosmic sprinkle. ;)

It may be possible of course to have cosmic twins or triplets. :)

Also it might be interesting to create something different for Councils (Political God Groups), Dynasties (Racial God Groups) and Hierarchies (Moral God Groups) as well as just Pantheons (Social God Groups).

Remove ads