"Impossible" D&D Quiz

alienux

Explorer
I got 90% because I don't play D&D video games, and I had no idea on that question. Even so, it was a 50-50 shot based on the available answers, and I chose wrong.

The one about the first campaign setting would have been more interesting if it had been the first PUBLISHED campaign setting, which, if I'm getting my facts right, was Actually Barker's Empire of the Petal Throne. Arneson was publishing snippets in a fanzine as early as 1972 or 73, but the first actual book about Blackmoor as a campaign was in 1975, I think, and Greyhawk came even later, whereas Barker even self-published in 1974, with a re-publish for D&D rules in 1975.
EotPT was not technically a setting published for D&D but was its own set of game rules published by TSR separately. And also, Greyhawk is Supplement I/Book IV of the original rules booklets and Blackmoor is Supplement II/Book V. Their question is just too non-specifically phrased to provide a clear, unarguable answer - I don't think the answer is empirically correct in any particular way, it's simply the answer THEY are looking for.

Slit518

Adventurer
Do we know if Ritchie Blackmore of of Rainbow; Deep Purple; etc played in the Blackmoor setting?

Also, did any of Ronnie James Dio music have an influence from D&D? Some of it sure seems it.

Remove ads