In all honesty...

KDLadage

Explorer
How much desire exists to revitalize the YB game? I know that I want to do it... and there appears to be about three people (maybe...) that post here on a (semi-) regular basis.

But if a game is to be developed, especially by a team of people, then honest timelines, deadlines, and schedules for getting it done need to be set; an open and active discussion needs to take place -- excitement needs to be generated.

Who is taking the reigns...

Kalanyr

Explorer
That would be me. And considering that I've become a busy uni student, I have honest timelines, deadlines etc, but the ones (timelines and deadlines) that affect my Grade Point Average are of far greater importance to me, than this messageboard game.

KDLadage

Explorer
Understood. And please understand that I was not suggesting that you sacrifice your school work to complete something as trivial as YB!. My point being just as valid, however, that if it is indeed you that holds teh reigns to this little game, and it is indded true that your schedule will be/is as full as you describe... then this game is not going to go *anywhere* until such time as someone with the time and inclination takes over.

Thus...

Either we all accept that YB is effectively dead for the time being, of you release the reigns to someone else. After all, I posted my initial inquiry on the 5th of this month, and the *first* reply came on the 11th. Not much is going to get done at those speeds.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I actually seriously considered it for quiet some time last year (stepping down), but really I was the only one around , so it never actually happened. You may have noticed that the YB Grand Master Judge is no longer in my sig, I removed it around the time I decided that I didn't have the free time to be messing around with this during the semester, but with no one else around I couldn't really pass it on.

And I've already released most of the rules stuff, at the moment Sollir's really the one who's working it out. I've basically just been checking over his stuff and pitching some ideas. At the moment most of what you see is Sollir's work, only a few of the original (ie the ones not from Wicht or No 27) core concepts are from my original ideas.

(And one of the reasons for the slow replies is that this forum has been effectively dead for months so I don't really check it daily.)

KDLadage

Explorer
Well...

It has been over a week since anyone posted on this board. None have said anything about the last comments on the rules I proposed. And, well, I have enough on my plate.

Good-bye.

reiella

Explorer
About the same here.

It's a quirky game and mostly just something done to pass the time.

And now that the board has the RPG addon, that handles most of the idle distraction. Course, it was in silence long before that.

I don't check nearly often enough thanks to my new job.

shaff

First Post
Hmm... I have been gone for quite some time, but for some reason this game just popped in my head, and so i came back to check on it... but apparently its dead now... *cries* what happened to the good ole days of, fighting 5 matches at a time cause there were so many people?

Phoenix8008

First Post
I agree Shaff. I don't want the game to die either, but it seems nearly impossible to ressurect. It's nearly a self-fulfilling prophecy. Each of us checks here only once in a while. Why? Because there isn't enough activity here to justify us spending the time and energy each day to check here and get more dissapointed. Yet, if none of us comes here to post, then that causes the lack of activity we each wish would change...

I'm not giving up on the game yet, but I don't know where to go from here. I'm not much of a rules crafting person, otherwise I'd offer to take the reins and try to devote more time to it.

The other game I heard of long ago that I'd still love to play here in Fight Club was a Wizards fighting game (I think Sollir was behind that idea mostly, but I could be wrong.)

Anyway, as for YB, I'd love to get back to the old days of playing multiple matches all the time. But unless there are at least a few of us able to be here to post at least every few days, it's not gonna work. So, are there any others who are willing to put forth the effort to with me to check here and post at least once or twice a week?

If so, then post below. I will continue to check here and post at least every few days to show that I am still here and waiting in the hopes of finding others of like mind. I'll have my fingers crossed the whole time too...

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'll never leave. Heh. I may not have the time I need to really get the rules revision right, but I check in here pretty often.

Remove ads