• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In case of HIVE break glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaezen

Adventurer
Yeah, but there's not 40 actual times it can be, a lot of those just overlap one zone or another as the year goes by. Gotta be proud of Arizona. No DLS. And then the reservations, which are technically sovereign entities. . ."the Navajo Nation does observe DST, but the Hopi Reservation, an enclave within it, does not observe DST"

Nope, 40 Time Zones. Not all are full hour intervals - Timezones 4, 10, 12, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 30, 32, 34, 36 and 38

:confused:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Can't be that old if its American then can it ;) *low blow*

OK, I admit it.

It was a cheap shot, but I laughed.

I also laughed when we were in Miami and saw a sign to go see "Miami's oldest surviving house!" Turns out it was built in 1918 or something.

The house we were living in at the time, in London, was built in 1871 or so. We were not terribly impressed with the Miami house. :D

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Hey, this fine nation is 233 years old. That is old. I know many other nations are older, but props to America. Besides of which, I'm a bicentennial baby. ;)

We're going to have to respectfully disagree on how old a nation has to be, to be qualified as old, then. :)

Especially considering I grew up in a village in West Sussex, England, that had houses older than that. With people still living in them. :)

Still, the USA has managed to pack a lot of history in it's 233 years, I'll give it that.

I wonder, is it really that the hive is so much more accepting than the rest of the board, or can we just not muster the energy to give a rat's ass (No offense, BR).
It's simple - in The Hive, we value the friendly (and silly) atmosphere over our position. ;) The peace is more important to us then being "right".

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
We're going to have to respectfully disagree on how old a nation has to be, to be qualified as old, then. :)

Especially considering I grew up in a village in West Sussex, England, that had houses older than that. With people still living in them. :)

Still, the USA has managed to pack a lot of history in it's 233 years, I'll give it that.

So... Hurray to the colonies right?

Well, at least you're country has been independent more than a 100 years. We still have 10 years to go for that :D.

Ginnel

Explorer
Argh I've lost a Pbp post and a hive edit through this stupid logging out all the time, I've checked to see if I'm logging on to the wrong version of the forums but its not that maybe its something to do with a lack of cookies, copy and paste for me from now on.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I can agree to disagree.

But I do wonder; how old does a thing have to be to be considered old in your book?

:confused: Whats older than old?

It varies from thing to thing. :)

For a nation, I am aware, of course, that many modern nations in the state they are now are actually fairly new (thinking of the Austrian Empire, for example) and so any ideas that some nations are older than others is really hard to get straight.

Egypt - they get to qualify as old. I think England is pretty old. :)

Buildings need to be at least 200 years old to be old, for me, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads