• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Orlando for a week!

Nellisir

Hero
I'm in Orlando until Sunday for the International Builder's Show, and I'm staying in a hotel on International Drive near the Conference Center (no car). I'm not planning on going to Walt Disney World, Sea World, Universal, or any of the other really big attractions (my wife would kill me for going without her), so what should I do in the evenings that's fun and easily accessible?

Is there anywhere near International Drive that sells gaming supplies? I'd love to hang out with some gamers, or find a one-off game of D&D at some point, but I'm also happy hanging out, catching some movies, and catching up on writing.

Ideas are welcome!!
Thanks,
Nell.

Travellin_Jack

First Post
For night fun go to Church Street Station on Church Street, just off of Orange Blossom Trail. Also ou have Sci-Fi City, which is a huge gaming store. If you need directions, email me. I live in Orlando.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Poor man has no car. :(

There's no gaming near I-Drive, you're in Touristville, sorry.

Bus system is good, but will take you a while to get around.

Try the restaurants around there, there are a ton.

Nellisir

Hero
I don't mind figuring out the bus system if it'll lead to something interesting. The IBS isn't quite Gen Con -- the exhibit halls & seminars close down at about 5, leaving me to fend for myself for entertainment in the evenings. Where's Sci-Fi City?

Cheers!
Nell.

The_Universe

First Post
If you can't make it to one of the 'real' parks, that's no reason you can't get a little theme park action in. Downtown Disney (near pleasure Island, not far from I-drive) can be hours of entertainment, and it's extraordinarily well-themed. It's not going to have the same kind of fun as the parks, but it's not bad!

MrFilthyIke

First Post
You'll be starting from the Orange County Convention Center. Get on Bus 38, transfer to Bus 29 in Downtown, get off bus
at corner of Colonial and Semoran blvd. It's block walk east to Sci-Fi City. Mapquest will help as well. :)

From the Lynx Bus website trip planner:

ROUTE RESULTS

START TRIP
LINK 38
Bus Stop 9800 INTERNATIONAL DR, ORLANDO 32819 @ Cross Street HAWAIIAN CT

TRANSFER #1 LINK 29
Bus Stop PINE ST, ORLANDO 32801

DESTINATION
Bus Stop 1100 SEMORAN BLVD, ORLANDO 32807

Sci-Fi City is the store I love to shop at. There is also Collesium of Comics, but It prefer Sci-Fi.

:D

Last edited:

Remove ads