• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Praise of Cheetos

Whisper72

Explorer
Ravenknight said:
I agree with everything said in the original post but one question remains. What´s a "cheeto"..?.?

A Cheeto is a player who cheats. Players who cheat get smashed to tiny little bits by the RPG police, the remains then become edible snacks for the DM. Thus the word Cheeto became the name for a famous cheesy product. Prolly because most cheating players were kinda cheesy (tasting?) to begin with...

MonsterMash

First Post
diaglo said:
we did beer & pretzels instead.
I was too young for that when I started, but now buiscuits and crisps (chips if you're american) with one group, pizza, crisps and vegetables with the other. Occasionally beer at either.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
When I started playing I was in college. We played either in a friend's dorm room, the lobby of the dorm, or my apartment. Snacks varied from vending machine food to leftovers in the fridge. If you timed it just right at the local convenience store, you could get all the leftover tater logs and fried chicken you could carry for a buck. Botulism? Bah!

The Shaman

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Have you actually tried this? Does it work? :eek:
Sometimes the food coloring melts the Cheeto, and the color tends to vary, but basically, yeah, it works - I used it for a nest of baby purple worms many, many years ago.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I am the inner dork, made physical. I beat the original psyche of the person that was here before senseless with the ADnD 1st Edition Players Handbook back in 1991 and tromented him with repeats of Star Trek TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager. He eventually cracked and then I took ever. Dorks rule. :cool:

DeBracy

First Post
I'm so in touch with my inner dork that I clicked myself into this thread believing that the title was "In Pirates of Cheetos" (yeah I misread it, it's 4:30 in the morning over here!)... and I did it expecting a really silly campaign idea. For, although I am Swedish just like Ravenknight, I have at least some vague notion of what Cheetos are. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads