• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In search of heroes(Casting call)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Good to see you noticed that Sollir...

Yes, my guantlet functions as a bracer of armor as well. In the game, as your guantlet leveled up, your ability to deflect strikes went up. A normal red knight could destroy your guard with one attack early in the game, but later in the game you could block the blow and then counterattack. I figure that the AC bonus would go up when the guantlet goes up. This leaves my AC at 21... which is fair for a 7th level melee character.

Everyone ok with that?

Deedlit

First Post
Question:What does cloak of elvenkind help? Hide or Move Silently? Add whichever it is to my stats
Name:Deedlit
Race:Elf
Level 7
Str 8, Wis 18(1 of those my level 4 stat), Chr 17, Dex 15, Int 14, Con 8
Age 170
Alignment NG
Languages Common, Elven
Level 7 Shaman
Reflex +8
Fortitude +6
Will +12
Weapons:Dagger
Items:Cloak of elvenkind, any material components for known spells
Don't know how to figure HP
+7 Initiave
+4 attack bonus Melee/Unarmed, +8 Ranged
Feats:Light armor profiency, Improved Initiave, Improved unarmed strike, Simple weapon profiency, Toughness 1X
-1 Climb, +9 diplomacy, +7 Handle animal, +8 Heal, +7 hide, +1 Jump, +12 knowledge(Spirits), +6 Listen, +5 move silently, +4 Search, +6 spot
Deity=Shaman spirits
6 turns/day
Holy symbol

Spells I have memorized(If shamans are spontaneous, this is all I know)
Domains:Celestial, Nature(Domain spells are not on this list)
Detect magic(2x)
Read magic
Detect Disease
Detect poison(2x)
Speak with animals
Animal friendship
Detect evil
Invisibility to undead
Endure elements
Animal messnger
Cure moderate wounds
Ancestral Vengeance
Hold person
Bilndness/Deafness
Cure serious wounds
Summon nature's ally III
Lesser spirit ally(2x)
Special abilities:Animal companion(Falcon), Immunity to sleep, +2 save Vs. Enchantment, Automatic Search when within 5", Spirit sight, Turn undead, Spirit favor.

Heres a little easier to read version of Deedlit's stats including some things she left out.

Deedlit
Female Elf
Shaman 7
Alignment:
NG
HD
7d6-4 (38), AC 15 (11 flatfooted, 15 touch) Movement 30 ft.
Statistics:
Str 8, Dex 18 (16 w/o gloves), Con 8, Int 14, Wis 20 (17 raised to 18 at level 4, 20 from periapt), Cha 17
BAB: +5
Attack Bonus: Melee +11 rapier, +4 unarmed strike, Ranged +12 (longbow)
Damage: 1d6/18-20, x2 (Rapier) or 1d3-1/x2 (Unarmed Strike), 1d8+1 (Longbow)
Skills: -1 Climb, +9 Diplomacy, +7 Handle animal, +8 Heal, +17 Hide, +1 Jump, +12 Knowledge (Spirits), +6 Listen, +15 Move Silently, +4 Search, +6 Spot
Feats: Expertise, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike (Virtual), Toughness, Weapon Finesse (Rapier)
Weapon/Armor Proficiency: All simple weapons, all light armor, rapiers and bows (shortbow, longbow, composite longbow, and composite shortbow).
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +8, Will +12
Initiative: +7
Abilities: Turn/Rebuke Undead as a 5th level cleric (6/day), Reubuke or Command Animals or Plants as a 7th level cleric (6/day), Rebuke or Command Spirits as a 7th level cleric (6/day), Spirit's Favor (+Cha bonus to saving throws, already added in), Spontaneous Casting (Healing spells), Spirit Sight, Immunity to Sleep, +2 Save vs. Enchantments
Items: +1 Dagger, +1 Longbow, Boots of elvenkind, Bracers of Armor +1, Cloak of elvenkind, Spell Component Pouch, Holy symbol, Wand of Cure Light Wounds, Falcon as a animal compainon, 30 MW arrows, 4 Glass Figures (10 HP, used for Substitution spell), 273 gold left

Spells Per Day (6/6+1/4+1/3+1/2+1), Domains: Celestial, Nature
Spells Commonly Memorized:
0-Detect Disease, Detect Magic (2), Detect Poison (2), Read Magic
1-Animal Friendship, Bless (2)*, Detect Evil, Endure Elements, Invisibility to Undead, Speak With Animals
2-Ancestral Vengeance (3), Commune with Lesser Spirit*, Hold Person
3-Blindness/Deafness, Dispel Magic, Substitution*, Summon Nature's Ally III
4-Lesser Spirit Ally (2)*, Summon Nature's Ally IV
*-Domain spell

Notes for Deedlit:
My suggestions for domain spells:
1-Bless
2-Commune with Lesser Spirit (No choice)
3-No preference, Substituion may be better for Deedlit however
4-Lesser Spirit Ally and take away the other Lesser Spirit Ally and change it to Summon Nature's Ally IV, Divination, Restoration, Spell Immunity, or Holy Blight.

Also, consider taking out Animal Messenger to memorize another Ancestral Vengeance, note that I took out your cure spells since you can spontaneously cast them and I replaced them to spells needed at you rlevel. (Ancestral Vengeance and Dispel Magic), you also still have almost 17,000 to spend.

Also, you used 39 pt. buy in the stats you gave, and considering your attack bonus and reflex saves I had a feeling you meant to put that 1 pt. in dexterity so I did that for you. Mostly copy/pasted the skills and didn't look over them however (I did add in the +10 bonus to hide from the cloak of elvenkind).

For Kalanyr
Also I had a quesiton on the Celestial/Nature domains, they seem to count as seperate turning attempts but I think they're meant to rely on the same # of day (6/day) for all 3, also I wasn't sure on the levels of turning for them.

Edit-Added in items since Deedlit said it was ok, added in Bless as an extra level 1 spell since one more level 1 spell was gained from +2 wisdom. Edit 2-Corrected mistakes

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
It is kind of an important character thing to be able to cast lesser spirit ally twice. I will go with the items you suggested me taking, though.
Can't wait for this game to start

No, the fact is you will be able to cast it twice. Once as a normal spell and once for domain. The difference is you won't be memorizing it x3, just x2.

Edit-Take a look at the changes I made, switched the dagger to a rapier (I believe thats what Deedlit used)-since elves get free proficiency with them as well, also put in a +1 longbow and several MW arrows so you have an attack bonus at an amazing +12 with them! Remember you need to decide on two other feats, 1 from the shaman list and 1 of your choice. The one from the shaman list that might benefit you the most is Expertise, which could raise your AC by 5 (-5 to melee attack rolls) if you're pressed against an enemy. For your other feat you might also consider Weapon Finesse: Rapier to raise your attack bonus with it from +5 to +11, which would help *tremendously*.

To Creamsteak:
Your attack bonus is +12/+7, should be +13/+8 since all your weapons are +1...just trying to help...

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
I agree with that idea for my character. A rapier would be better.
I will now take summon nature's ally 4 instead of one lesser spirit ally.(I forgot I placed it twice)

Ok, made changes and did the feats I subscribed in the other post unless you want otherwise. Also can I tempt you outof that toughness feat? +3 hit points won't help much at this stage in the game, perhaps replace it with Combat Reflexes? That way you can make 4 AoO's a round compared to 1 with your new, magnificant +11 attack bonus with your rapier...

Edit-We should start roleplaying a little.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads