• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Valus - The Heroes of Marchford (Chapter 14 Continues - 12/24/08)

Funeris

First Post
Well, last night's game was amazing. I rolled three 20s in a row. Ryan/Destan was angered. And the majority of my rolls were natural 20s. If we hadn't been fighting undead....it would have been a magnificent night for Funeris/Tobias. Actually, the only time I didn't roll 20's were for initiative...at which point I was rolling twos and sixes.

Just to let you guys know, I started working on an update last night, so it should be ready sometime this morning. Keep Reading ;)

Funeris

First Post
Chapter 7: Child's Play

Reader Warning: Hilarity Ensues...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tobias struggled to understand what was now happening. His sword seemed to weigh an extraordinary amount. As he focused, he realized the blade hadn’t gained any weight, nor were his arms any weaker. No, his mind was what had lost weight. And now his ability to concentrate on the task at hand, dispatching this dead beast, was diminished.

As he continued trying to focus, he realized the creature was tearing Magnus, who had apparently returned to help Tobias, virtually apart. Although the wounds the creature caused were more mental than physical. And the black shadow of un-life seemed to swell with each attack, feasting upon their minds while blinding its attackers with fear. Magnus had begun to drool before the other Heroes stepped up to the task.

Motega’s arrows flew harmlessly through the wicked spirit ricocheting off the stone and shattering. And when he stepped in with his blade, it went just as cleanly and painlessly through the ephemeral body. Motega’s face turned to one of anger and rage. Perhaps hidden in the lines of his face, was a little fear as well.

Calyx almost immediately understood the nature of the beast and cast a spell onto her weapon. And although she landed a hit or two, the constant mind raping the beast did seemed to heal it immediately.

Tobias rejoined the fight, swinging only to distract the beast. Motega had the same plan in whatever was left of his own mind. And all the while, Magnus lie on the ground drooling.

Several minutes passed and the beast was still no worse off. Motega gave up the ghost, grabbed Magnus and ran faster than any Rorn could toward the exit. This sudden retreat prompted Calyx to also withdraw from the battle.

The beast turned upon Tobias, who stared almost dumbly at it for ten full seconds. Then realizing his friends had left, he wiped the drool from his own face and stumbled after them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitz took a cloth and wiped the drool and dirt from Magnus’ face. Magnus twitched away from the priestly hand.

“Not now. Game.” Magnus scrawled a big “X” on the ground with a stick. Tobias broke out in overly proud laughter and countered with an “O”.

“Cat! Cat! You win!” the young paladin screamed and both he and Magnus burst into tears of joy. Their laughter was terribly loud and grating.

“Well from what you’ve told me,” Fitz started, “It was probably an Allip. We’ll need some magic to cleanse the taint in that soul. And I haven’t prepared the necessary spells today. And I’m not sure if it is within my capabilities to help our young friends. We need to head to a town or city that can handle our needs. Marchford and Dun Beric, the prior from lack of funds the latter from lack of civility, cannot help us at this point. Suggestions?”

“There is a city to the north of Dun Beric,” Calyx responded. “It may have the resources you need. If we travel toward Dun Beric, we can rest at Greffan’s family farm. Then, we’ll head north to Dun Moor. The road will take us.”

“Excellent idea. Let’s be off then. Toren, round up the children, would you?” In the background two children laughed and screamed while playing hide-and-go-seek. Toren chased after them as Fitz, Calyx and Motega grabbed the gear they could carry.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Need an editor

Thou needs an editor.
It was Wisdom Drain, not enfeeblements, and Magnus was at a 5.

Why must poor poor Magnus be the whipping boy.

That's alright Magnus will get his justice one day.

Signed,
Magnus
aka "Boom-Boom"
Burn

Funeris

First Post
First, I realize it was a wisdom drain not an enfeeblement. This approach seemed more humorous...so I took it. That Allip still f'd us up. And I just thought the idea of two 15-16 year olds playing tic-tac-toe (wearing armor swords etc) was hilarious. Especially with Tobias being 6'2" and 200 lbs.

Sorry if you didn't care for it :)
Magnus does get his justice...just let me catch up to that point.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Haha - Just realized something....

Just realized Magnus is bigger than the Paladin.
I never payed attention after I rolled it, 6'2" 215lbs, that's too funny.
I know your taking liberties with some of the stuff. I just get to harass you more often than the others.

Funeris

First Post
Wow...I didn't know magnus was bigger than the paladin....
Happycat is right...we do bicker like we're married.

Last edited:

happycat2000

First Post
Waiting for next installment

I am now on pins and needles waiting for the next installment of adventures.
I really hate waiting. :]

Last edited:

Remove ads