"In the Works"; DR against "good"?

BryonD

Hero
WotC has stated numerous times that this is the plan. The magnitude of DRs will decline. No rumor about it.

Also, I have preview copies of the 3.5 documents. Now I do NOT have the MM at this time and I wouldn't break my NDA if I did, but from everything else I have seen WotC IS doing what they said in regard to lowering DRs. And this includes a lot of discussion of DR.

Bottom line, I am not assuming anything.

My analysis is based on facts plus my opinion only, no assumptions.

Felon

First Post
BryonD said:
WotC has stated numerous times that this is the plan. The magnitude of DRs will decline. No rumor about it.
Right, this is all old news. The "golfbag o'weapons" discussion has been tossed around for months now. I, for one, am glad to see DR finally becoming a meaningful defense.

Last edited:

Trainz

Explorer
BryonD said:

Also, I have preview copies of the 3.5 documents. Now I do NOT have the MM at this time and I wouldn't break my NDA if I did, but from everything else I have seen WotC IS doing what they said in regard to lowering DRs. And this includes a lot of discussion of DR.
That somewhat puts my worries at ease. Thanks for the input.

Bottom line, I am not assuming anything.

My analysis is based on facts plus my opinion only, no assumptions.
Awesome.

I hope you didn't feel insulted by my quest for facts. If so, my apologies.

Petrosian

First Post
actually, worc has said that the high end drs will be reduced. No more 40's or 30s.

The new average or baseline dr will be 10 with "plenty" of 5s and 15s still around... per dragon 306.

As for the golfbag of weapons, wotc said also in 306 that the lack of needing high plus weapons (since plusses turns into just magic) should mean you have money to stock up on special material weapons.

hong

WotC's bitch
Petrosian said:
As for the golfbag of weapons, wotc said also in 306 that the lack of needing high plus weapons (since plusses turns into just magic) should mean you have money to stock up on special material weapons.

I think they sorta missed the point of the jibe, in that case.

Remove ads