In the World of Chaos - (Warhammer) - Ended

Starman

Adventurer
Magnus uses the opportunity to go behind a tree and relieve himself. When he comes back, he splashes some water on his face from the river and fills his skins.

"What do you think, Wolfgang?"

Wolfgang feeling more like himself claps Magnus on the back.

"I think that today is going to be a good day. I am sorry that I have not been myself but I hate to see people I like get hurt." He says looking into the water then with a slight smirk on his face he looks at magnus.

"Hey I noticed that you were able to cast that one spell that you said you have trouble with sometimes. I can tell you are getting better. " Have you found out anything more about that skull? There is something strange about it.

Starman

Adventurer
"Hmph. I struggle with magic about as aften as you struggle with swinging your big sword around. Sometimes, however, the magic chooses not to cooperate with me. There is a difference, not that you would understand.

"As for the skull, it will take me some time to penetrate the dweomers surrounding it. I do not have much experience with chaos magic."

Widowmaker

First Post
Eldillor returns a short time later. "The barge is just down the river about 20-30 minutes ride. From there it will be a long trip up the river. If you need anything we will pick it up before we cross into Kislev. If you are all ready lets get moving." Eldillor waits for everyone and then shows the group the way.

Durgan grumps and groans about riding a barge but keeps his mumbling to a low level.

Janna gets on the wagon and relaxes. Eva mounts her horse as well.

About 30 minutes later you come upon a barge sitting in a shallow bay in the river. Two men are sitting on the barge. Two others are on shore gathering wood and other supplies from the woods.

A rather short halfling meets you on shore. He seems happy and generally cheerful. As you approach he smiles and puts his arms out to greet you. "I am Captain Davo. Welcome to my boat. Load your equipment and we will secure it. When you are ready we will take off. Come, come." The halfling says turning and walking towards the barge.

The barge looks sturdy enough and large enough to handle your wagon and horses.

Starman

Adventurer
Magnus chuckles at the dwarf's grumbling. "A barge is much better than a filthy horse."

The mage tugs his filthy horse onto the barge. He stows most of his gear in the bags on the saddle, but he keeps his backpack containing the skull and his book with him. Looking around for a decent place to sit, Magnus will try to get comfortable and close his eyes for a brief nap.

Widowmaker

First Post
Magnus

Durgan looks at you with a serious faces and then starts laughing. For the next few minutes the dwarf actually seems to have a personality.

Wolfgang leaves most of his supplies with the horse. He walks over to the edge and stares out over the water. After a while he goes and finds Capt. Davo. "How is business been? Do you guys run into much trouble with bandits?

Widowmaker

First Post
Wolfgang

The captain looks up at you "Bandits, not where we are going. No, what we have to worry about are Northmen raiders and Chaos beasts. Shouldn't have to many problems though. There is a large Empire military presence in the area. As for business, that is good. We have been making shipments both ways. I am doing this as a favor. Better get settled in it is going to be a long trip."

Widowmaker

First Post
For the next two and half weeks you slowly make you way up the river to you meet another river. You learn this one is called the Urzroy River, it leads straight into Kislev City, the capital of Kislev.

While traveling north you notice the trees start to become more and more scarce. By the time you join the other river things there are no trees. It has become one lone rolling hill of golden turning green grass. A steady cold wind blows down from the north. As the trip continues you have to put on more and more clothes to stay warm.

Durgan seems to revel in the cold. Eldillor puts on a light coat that seems to protect him from the cold. Janna stays indoors trying to heal her wounds, the cold has not helped any. Eva seems the worst off. She seems to get sick from the constant bouncing of the barge.

The crew steadily travels north, using poles, paddles, sails, and even horse from shore to make there way north. Along the way you notice a increased amount of troops along shore. Slowly the number seems to get greater and greater, until you reach the Kislev border, where the troops disappear.

As you reach the outskirts of Kislev City the barge stops in a small town. It seems to be a trading town of some sorts. The captain informs you that they cannot go any further. The river is to small. Kislev City is only a days ride north.

It is about midday when you arrive. The sudden shock of being on land is comforting. Everyone seems perplexed as to what to do.

Starman

Adventurer
"Let me guess, it's back to horses." Magnus groans. "I suppose there's nothing to it, but to get going. Grab your gear, my oafish friend," he says to Wolfgang. "Let us be on our way." The mage will gather his belongings and disembark. Reluctantly, he will grab the reins of a horse. If any of the others hesitate, he asks (with just a faint note of sarcasm), "Are you lost? We are going to Kislev, correct?"

Remove ads